What music is your system setup for?

I am new here, so hello to everyone.
Did you set your system up for rock, jazz or classical from the get go?
Are your speakers far from the back wall, say 6 feet for a deep sound stage, some say nessesary for classical?
just off the wall, say 3 feet good for rock and some where in between for jazz, or does it matter?
Also what type of music did you purchase your equipment to listen to and is it a compromise when you listen to the other or does that not matter either?
Just thoughtI would ask.
Thanks for your input.
Leo
hevac1
Albertporter
Life is too short to take things like this personal.
Like I said thanks for the responces.
hevac1
Acoustical instruments and voice from analogue. If this don't sound right chances are nothing will... Happy Listening!
R f sayles, laconic indeed. You said in one line what took me an entire paragraph. warren :)
Just for fun I put on some of my teenager's pop music on my system, and it was very shrill and nasty sounding. If this was the primry music I listen to, I would not have the eqipment and overall balance that I have now. So I think that yes, the choice of music can drive one's equipment choices.
A system in which modern, overcompressed pop that is pervaded by that horrible wall of simply distorted guitar-grunge noise sounds listenable will be simply lifeless for any genre that is well recorded.

System set-up is dictated by the compromizes required to best satisfy the choice of source material.