In the latest The Absolute Sound

In the latest The Absolute Sound there is an add by Axiss Audio with the Transrotor Apollon turntable with 3 tonearms. I have a similar setup minus the 3 tonearms, I do have 3 motors, 80mm platter, Transmotor Magnetic Drive (TMD) spindle bearing and quartz controlled power supply.

I can't wait for anyone of the reveiwers to get a hold of one of these to write a review. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of the Walker Gold, SME20 and 30, and the VPI top dog, HRX. The brushed aluminum is absolutely stunning to look at and easy to clean.

It has been out in Germany for about 3 years now.

V/r
Audioquest4life
audioquest4life
I'm not reviewing the Transrotor turntable but I am reviewing the new record cleaning machine from Germany that's also distributed by Axiss.

I'm confident this new record cleaning machine is the best currently available.

So far Lloyd Walker and I have (I think) the only two in the USA of this version. It clearly beats anything I've heard but it's very expensive.
Hi Albertporter,

You are very lucky to be able to experience a great record cleaning machine, I am assuming it is either a Clearaudio, Acoustech or Hanni. I have the Clearaudio Matrix and it is performs great, my albums look like brand new and sound very quiet when I clean with the Matrix.

I forgot to add in my previous post that I have an SME V with Benz LP on my Transrotor Apollon and it is a great combination. It is being run through an Aesthetix IO Signature. I am contemplating adding a second tonearm, probably another SME V or Phantom Graham with Clearaudio Goldfinger MC.

I still would like to see someone review the Apollon and make a comparison with the other high end turntables in the market right now.

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Maybe after the record cleaning review Arturo will want me to audition the Transrotor. I bought the record cleaning machine, so it's not on loan.

I am assuming it is either a Clearaudio, Acoustech or Hanni. I have the Clearaudio Matrix and it is performs great, my albums look like brand new and sound very quiet when I clean with the Matrix.

I don't doubt your Matrix is excellent, I have not had the pleasure of trying that brand. My choice was inspired by Lloyd Walker who has tested most of record cleaning machines available, including two versions of the Loricraft (his previously highest rated machine for cleaning).

The new machine is called Odyssey RCM MKV and it is basically a German engineered version of the Keith Monks with extra motors and precision driven cleaning arm.
Hi Albert,

Well first off Happy Holidays or Christmas.

"The new machine is called Odyssey RCM MKV and it is basically a German engineered version of the Keith Monks with extra motors and precision driven cleaning arm."

I have to bow my head down and praise to anything that is Keith Monk or even related to it. That is "The" lp cleaner of all cleaners. I am sure that is one fine record cleaning machine.

That would be great if you could get your hands on the Apollon to conduct a review after your review of the Odyssey RCM. With your experience in this market, your observations are highly admired and respected, even in Germany. Thanks for the feedback.

V/r
Audioquest4life
Albert, when you say expensive what kind of money are you talking about? I remember, back in my vinyl days, cleaning my records with some kind of thing I held in my hand and I swirled it around the record. Zerostat? can't think of it. Maybe on of you guys could explain to me the complexities and conerns when evaluating a great vinyl cleaner? I see these babies in AS and Stereophool in ads, but they never get into anything about them. Happy Christmas to you all, warren :)