verdier Platine or Nottingham Analogue hyperspace

I intended to upgrade my current TT Thorens 850
Those TT have two different sound ,but i like both.
I would like to read your opnion about those TT and comperson bettween them
(for Jazz and classical music)
Thanks
birdyy8
"Not trying to start a fight. But IME anyone considering a PV should understand they won't get top class performance with the stock drive system. A new Galibier table would play better for less money out of the box, since it already comes with a good motor and belt."

------------------------------------------------------
Debatable. A PV is $6500-$7000 new. If you think the motor is an issue, you can get, for example, a TW Acustic DC motor + controller + belt for $2500. That puts you at $9000-$9500. Some Galibier options are less than that, but it seems most are there or higher. In any case, the PV mag bearing is a big plus...you can always do something about the motor at any time...perhaps when it fails?
Ledoux,

The standard option 1 GT Audio battery PSU links to the standard black motor unit. If you go for the fancy option 2 battery supply, you will need to add the GT Audio Motor Housing as well. I have the option 1, which is very good. It just removes the noise floor and the quiet passages are inky black and silent.

For the time being use the SME V and the 501. When you do buy a Schroeder, just use the second arm board and sell the arm that you don't like. The best value Schroeder is the Model 2 carbon, which I use with my Allaerts MC1B (again best value Allaerts model).

Hope this helps and have a Happy Christmas!

Charlie
Doug,
Thanks for the Teres 320/Verdier comparison. I have always wondered about the relative value of the two decks. It does seem that a Verdier is not a great value compared to a Teres 320. Oh well!
In the end, I believe the mag platter/bearing is a smart solution, short of a pressurized/expensive system like the Rockport, Walker, or Verdier's Magnum. It is clearly maintanence free with no valve or tubing to worrying about. And that is why I like it, not to mention that it can really make beautiful music.

Charlie,
I will keep your upgarde suggestions in mind. Thanks.

And a Happy holiday to you all!

Ledoux
You can do the Platine Verdier motor DC conversion yourself. It costs less than $200 and easy to do yourself. I can provide the circuit on how to do it.
Hi @buyersum , I know this is an old thread, and I hope this finds you. I wondered if you could provide the circuit to the DC conversion on the PV stock motor?

Thanks!