Re-issue vinyl vs. the original pressing

Is there any sound quality difference between and original pressing and a re-issue of vinyl LP's?

I ran across a dealer on the web that sells a lot of re-issues.

thanks,

mitch
128x128mitch4t
I think we all agree that there is no absolute rule.. Two many variables.
Just glad we have so many choices and so many labels, so so so much music.

Sure would like to know how all the reissue manufacturers get the rights to put out these reissues. This is cash cow stuff... Limited Editions with a Vinyl Hungry public ready to chomp at the bit. If I could license say Lou Reeds Metal Machine Music in Biphonic Sound on the RCA Red Seal I know everybody would want 2 copies of that !... Whoops too late! ya know what PT Barnum said.

A sad fact to consider as more and more Baby Boomers bang agong and get it on to Rock and Roll Heaven. Many more collections will be hitting the streets. I swear I bought a Box lot batch of albums on line sight unseen and when I opened the Boxes they were all in alphabetical order A-Z?

Undertow,
The Original Magical Mystery Tour was a 2 ep 7" mono set on Parlaphone that came in a heavy glossy jacket with all the same pictures that came out on the American Capitol LP. The American Version had Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Baby Your a Rich Man, Hello GoodBye & All You Need Is Love... on side two.

All released as 45 rpm singles only in Great Britain and the US until the US MMT
Capitol 2835

Best Regards

Groovey Records

Listening To
The Inner Light from the Beatles Rarities LP Parlaphone PSLP 261
BTW,many of the re-issues are not exactly cheap!Take a look at some of the offerings from Acoustic Sounds.Sorry,but for 30 to 50 dollars for many of the Jazz re-issues,I'm better off going to the Princeton Record Exchange,and finding originals,for ALOT less.A few pops don't bother me.
How about re-issue Vs RE re-Issue. Does anyone have experience with Vinyl
Re-issues on the Original Jazz Classics label - vs Analogue Productions from Acoustic Sounds of the same material on 180grm vinyl. Is the quality that much different to justify the difference in price $10 Vs $25 or more. I know it the AP was mastered by DougSax. Was the OJC a hachet Job ?

Any Comment
I think we can all agree there's no absolute rule, but there's a rule 90% of the time: original pressings from country where the record was recorded sound better.

You can try to fool yourself or argue yourself out of this, but the fact is that the key issue is being as close as possible to the original master tape at the time and place where the record was recorded. I've got about 10K LPs and this is my experience, in all genres and all eras, and it's the consensus among acquaintances who have many, many more records than I do. Sorry, but that's the fact.