Is a Koetsu Rosewood Sig Overkill for my JMW 9Sig?

My system has evolved wonderfully over the recent past.
I'm running a few year old ZYX Airy Vintage on a Scoutmaster with center & ring weights via a Cardas Neutral reference into an EAR 864 full function preamp.
My Cary V12 drives Wilson Audio Sophia I's.
Will the 9 Sig (With 3 gm headshell weight) allow the Koetsu to perform its' magic? Is is a worthwile upgrade?
My musical tastes range from vocals to classic rock to chamber music to symphonic extravaganzas.
I'm not at all unhappy with the ZYX (just the opposite). Just looking for another flavor of magic. I'll probably keep it as well.
jdolgin
The analogue audio world is composed of 2 groups.....those that love Koetsus.......and the rest!
I have just bought a ZYX UNIverse after having Lyra Titan i,
Lyra Helicon, Clearaudio Signature, Koetsu 52nd Anniversary, Koetsu Rosewood Sig.
The Koetsus lasted but a week in my system....they are bland, soft, laidback and boring to the point that you want to physically shake them to wake up.
Koetsus sound like NO other cartridges.......so ask yourself....are they the only ones who know what music REALLY sounds like??!!
Do you feel lucky.......punk??!
Well I feel lucky....punk!

I just got a Rosewood last week and it does not sound bland, soft or boring!!

NO it does not have the high end extension of my dyna XV-1 nor the bottom end extension of my jubilee.

It does have a magic holographic midrange that brings a whole new set of musical details you have not heard from most cartridges that lead with their upper mid or treble to give a forward somewhat artificial rendition of music. It has less distortion in this range than most other cartridges.

Go see a great live concert, the music slows down so you can hear more, not speeds up to get listner fatigue.

The koetsu is closer in sound to other cartridges like my dyna XV-1 or denon 103r.

but then again the I owned and did not like the lyra helikon, it was always leaner than "real life" and brought listener fatigue on sooner than any other cartridge with the exception of the ruby2, which was plain dirty and grainy sounding.

But you like the YYX as well thou. Now people either like or hate that cartridge.

Me I think ZYX cartridges have about as much emotional connection to the listener as an IDOL contestant supporting the Rolling Stones.

cheers
Show me a person who hates the ZYX UNIverse .24 Copper....and I will show you a person who is tired of music!
I heard that in Australia water is so scarce that folks are drinking treated sewage. Methinks it needs a little more treatment ... ;-)
Shane,

I listened to Raul on this one & put my Jade on the Ikeda. What an amazing combination. The "softness" & lack of bass that some state is completely reversed. I have a ZYX Universe & Jade. Honestly they are closer than anyone can believe. The ZYX has a more 3d image w. greater detail. The Koetsu has greater body w. a sweeter treble and more beautiful tonality. But the difference is more or less the same as changing between 2 pairs of excellent tubes in a phono stage. I would also suggest that the ZYX in the wrong arm & the Koetsu in the wrong arm will sound wrong. I am sure some will have thier "absolute" opinions but until you try it yourself in your own system w. own arm you can't know what it is capable of. I honestly love both cartridges equally but neither is a bass champ. Next up is a 103R, London Decca, or Lyra of some sort.