Best turntable/cartridge/phono preamp combo

Hello, I wish to return to the wonderful world of vinyl and wondered what the all around best sounding turntable /cartridge/ phonopreamp is for $1500. I plan to listen to all styles of music on this tuntable.

Mattythegreat
mattythegreat
Honestly I would go for a used VPI scout or maybe a used again HW-19. There going for great prices here they are very easy to maintain, and setup. And it leaves you with left over funds for alot of used vinyl.
And yes I should mention a preamp why not look at some of the older units such as a Classe DR-5 pre many times they are going for a song. They are built with great care and sound fabulous and the are very reliable.If tubes is your thing look at an older Theta,or conrad johnson, beautiful sound and their easy on tubes.
I allready have tons of vinyl that I collected mainly because it's in very good condition and was thinking that I could save it and sell later for more money. I am just just looking for a really good turntable preamp cartridge combo. I want to know the best way to spend my 1500 on these components. I also plan on using this setup to turn lps into cds via my powermac, So I want somthing that will accuratly reproduce what is on the record and not add any color. Also would I be better of buy sperate parts to make my own turntable or just getting one stock. Also should I go MM or MC which will give me more accurate sound??

Thanks

Mattythegreat