What to feed my Paradigm Studio speakers?

I'm an aspiring Audiophile, just graduated college and started a "real" job (Elec. Engineer).

In college I bought a Denon 2805 with Paradigm Monitor speakers. I now have bought a house and replaced the Monitors with Studios which now feel "held back" by my Denon 2805. I know I could just stick with the two companies I know and just get a bigger/better Denon receiver but I'm finding my tastes going toward having really good 2ch music.

What are your suggestions on a good 2 ch amp solution for music? I don't have loads of money as I also just got married. Something tried and true, and a relative bang-for-buck champ. I don't even care if it's a 20 year old amp. Whatever will help me really enter a new world of obsession.

BTW, how did you all learn so much about speakers and names I've never even heard of? How do I follow this audiophile community when it almost seems "underground". I don't know of anywhere here in Phoenix, AZ that I can go to see/hear this stuff first hand. Do you really just have to have a audiophile friend that can show off their speakers and knowledge? I just get the feeling like Denon, Paradigm and B&W just scream "I wish I was an audiophile". Any truth to this?
davethomson
There's Esoteric audio in Scottsdale, Jerrys audio-video ( PHX ), Celestial audio/video ( PHX ) and few more check them out. About the amp for around $500 it can't go wrong with a Conrad Johnson Sonographe SA-250 very good from top to bottom freq. Cheers.
I had the Studio 40 v.3 series for about two years before I sold them. At first I used a NAD 7175PE receiver. It was a fairly good match. I later used a Musical Fidelity a3.2 integrated. The warmer NAD was a good match for the Paradigm, which to my ears seemed rather bright and forward. The Paradigm's are fairly efficient, the Studio 40's being 91db into 8ohm. Since you "don't have loads of money" and are looking for a "2 channel amp" I would suggest you audition a NAD c162/ c272 pre-power set up. If your room size is not too big the c352 integrated may be the answer.
As to the "feeling like Denon, Paradigm, B&W just screan 'I wish I was an audiophile'", find what is pleasing to your ear in accordance with your budget and relax and enjoy.
My Studio 100's sound great bi-wired to a pair of Dynaco Mk.IV amps fed by a VanAlstine Trancendence 8 preamp. http://www.avahifi.com/ has a new integrated amp that you may find interesting.