best choice cartridge for my Lamm LP 2

I have changed my amp to a fully balanced amp and when trying an active balanced linestage last week realized that my Ruby 3 did not quite have enough gain in order to make things come alive in the system. My line stage will not be the one in question, but I probably am looking at needing a better matching cartridge with the LP2. Any suggestions for a good MC for Lamms 57 db, 40 ohm load MC settings. I heard that dynavectors $ 4200 offering may at times have more than their standard .3mv. I am open minded to any suggestions
fjn04
I agree with Cmk, and I've always wondered what sort of cartridge the LP2 was designed for.

57db of gain is appropriate for cartridges of at least.5mv output, a bit higher would be better.

OTOH, 40 ohms input impedance is optimal for cartridges with coil resistances somewhere around 1.6 ohms. A coil resistances that low would typically imply extremely low output, like .1mv or less.

No cartridge I know of with a coil impedance below 2 ohms produces anything close to .5mv output. If there is such a cartridge it is very unusual, and LP2 users would be fairly locked into it.

Frankly, the LP2's gain and impedance specifications just don't belong together in the same phono circuit, and raising either one is not something many users could do.

Asking Vladimir is certainly a good idea, but friends of mine who've asked him did not get very useful answers. That eventually led them to different phono stages, ones designed for cartridges that actually exist. :-(
Dear Fjno4: I agree with Cmk. Now, your Ruby 3 is a very good cartridge, you are asking for a cartridge for your Lamm and that is an alternative but other alternative is not to change the Ruby 3 or think in other cartridge but better than that: change the Lamm.

Always the phonolinepreamp is critical and very important to obtain a high quality sound reproduction especially with low output MC cartridges like your Ruby3.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I am open minded and want to look at any and all options I may have. That said, many great phono stages such as the ARC PH7, Herron,and others only have around 57 db of gain. Having already owned an Aesthetix Io Mk2, I cant think of an abundance of alternatives. I guess the Artemis with around 70 db may be something to consider, but beyond that I cant think of many tube based options.
Fjn04,

Check my system for one option that you won't run into anywhere but via existing owners, since it's custom built. It has enough gain for any cartridge and a 3-way impedance switch with user selectable values.

There's a 4+ month wait at the moment, but FWIW at least two Io/Callisto Signature owners have abandoned their Aesthetix gear after demoing this preamp. I've personally A/B'd it against an LP2/LL2 setup, in the Lamm owner's system. He sold them within a week of hearing Nick's preamps. It's worth a look.
Frankly I would have thought the Lamm should be able to drive quite a number of carts. Nowadays its quite common to find carts whose output exceeds 0.5mv - AT 33PTG, Sumiko Celebration, Koetsu Rosewood Sig, Urushi, some Benz, Clearaudios, Ortofon Kontrapunkt h/b/c, Shelter 90X, Lyra Helikon, Titan and of course the Allaerts MC1B or Mk II. Between these, I'm sure there's one that should suit your taste and budget.

Only the low output Dynavectors MCs, Koetsu Platinums, and a couple of other hideously low output carts, like the Audio Note, Denon S1 are out of your range.

The Herron mc phono stage has 66db of gain FYI. I've used it and am very happy with it, even with carts of 0.25mv output.

Other tube stages you can consider are the Manley Steelhead, Art Audio Vinyl Reference.