What time do you wear?

What watch, if any, graces your wrist? Does time matter? You know: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Either way.
khrys
I would suggest that you join the Omega forum over at Watchuseek and post pictures of the watch when you get it back, along with any estimate that that me be included with the return from Omega. Knowledgeable folks there can give you some advice in regard to the costs and reasonableness and/or perhaps a local repair person as an alternative. I have to believe the cost you were quoted includes some level of mechanical and/or case repair to reach that level of expense.

good luck.
I know you are in Dallas that is why I mentioned. I have never refinished Titanium. Either a satin type wheel is used or a sandblasting. Perhaps that facility could not perform the latter. Titanium cannot be high polished.
Example: The Yachtmaster Bezel's low relief is sandblasted followed by a high polish to the raised numerals.
Isochroism,
I want to correct you on one point. Titanium can most definately be polished. It is not as easy as gold to polish, but not really that difficult either. I am a jeweler, and I have done it.
I would have to concur with Roxy, as I have a Ti wheelchair and I can get it polished as an option, but not cheap.