I want more from my Rega P5

How can I get more from my Rega P5? My expectation of a modest analog rig exceeding a digital set up is left unfilled. I bought the Rega P5 new with a Dynavector 10x5, a Dynavector pre amp amd Chord Cameleon Silver plus interconnects and put it on a Rega wall stand. I will buy the TT PSU soon, to assure myself I am giving this format a chance. Any advice will be gratefully received.
twochannel_guy
Twochannel

I had a huge improvement in sound by placing my TT on a maple platform. For less than $75 my sound went from good to where I cannot stop listening. Admittedly, it was already way better than any digital I have heard, but I suspect your Rega will also benefit tremendously.

Shoot me an email and I will forward you some photos.

Regards
Paul.
Regas are extremely sensitive to being absolutely level. When slightly out of level the sound can be harsh. I guess this is due to rocking in the main bearing. So make sure it's absolutely level.

Also, since you bought it has it ever been stored in a manner that might allow any oil to leak from the bearing ? Regas also are very sensitive to having adequate oil in the bearing, of a sufficient viscosity.

I think the power supply may be a good upgrade as speed stability is critical in LP replay, but unfortunately speed stability is not the strongest element of the Rega.
I can't recall whether or not the P5 uses a Rega RB300 tonearm. If it does an upgrade to a Michell TecnoArm (a heavily modified RB250) would be in order. I firmly believe that it is a world-class tonearm at a budget price, and is capable of getting the best out of much more expensive cartridges than have been mentioned here.

Just adding a modified weight or getting a rewire is not enough. The Michell mods are the whole deal.
some upgrades fo me on an NAD533 which is a cloned P2 have been:

Michel Technoweight (end stub and counterweight)
replaced feet with isopod feet/cones
TWL Strange Tonearm Tweak (search this forum for that one)
DeepGroove subplatter
Teflon arm wrap
DIY spotmat

Each change brought about noticeable improvements and together the sound has brought about better definition overall and on attack/decay, detail, dynamics, 'swing' aka PRaT.

Have a look at this: Rega Review