SME 20/2 SME V or Triplanar VII?

I'm in the process of acquiring an SME 20/2 and I would like to know others' thoughts and experiences with deciding whether to arm it with the SME V or the Triplanar VII.
Ag insider logo xs@2xcipherjuris
SirSpeedy,

Why not just buy a used amp, here or on ebay, then sell it when the Rowland comes back? It would probably net out at virtually zero cost.
I will be comparing the Universe to the XV-1s in the next 2-3 weeks. I will post my impressions. I have been told the Universe is excellent on classical. The XV-1s can be had for near the price of the Trannys indicated above.
Thanks all!The dealer I used in the past had a superb trade in on Tranny designs.So,this will be the way to go.
As to Doug,you make sense,but I think I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding my own amp.One reason is that I have added some interesting new mods,and an additional "line component" to my system,and don't want to "voice" to any parameters other than with my own amp in line.My friends think I was nuts,not to take a free loaner,but I did not think it would take so long.Apparently a problem with suppliers of particular parts.
BTW--when I heard the UNIV,it was fabulous on non classical stuff,as well as classical.I heard the XV-1s for a shorter period,and believe it could "do" any musical type too.It will be a matter of choice,but to "pigeon hole" a particular cartridge design into a specific musical category(when we are at this level) is wrong.

Best!
Sirspeedy,
How about you contact Jeff Rowland and take him up on his offer for the "loaner" now and then you won't care how long it takes him to get your amp done?
Jeff might even send you an amp that is the equivalent of your amp or a level above yours.
Rgds,
Larry
Cello,you are obviously right,and have the same sentiments as my friends.Thanks for the concern! -:)
In reality(and the real reason I have not made an overture to Rowland)I have been playing alot of tennis(coming to an end,due to infection),and also originally did NOT want to be an additional bother to Rowland.I TRULY did not think it would take this long,and have gotten used to my current situation.Supposedly my amp,as currently configured,will clearly outperform any current products.That's one reason for the delay,as certain "hard to get" parts must become available.At least,that is how I care to rationalize the whole thing!Though that's how it was explained to me.
Also,my dad has been ill,and I must go to Florida this weekend to aid my mom,so listening would take a back seat!
The things that are really important sort of puts the hobby in perspective.
Best!