$3000 on Analog system - how to spread?

How should I spread this FIRST infusion of cash. Next one being perahaps a year out.

Ex.

Table - 50%
Arm - 15%
Cartridge - 15%
Phonostage - 20%

Or,

Phonostage - 40%
Table - 30%
Arm - 20%
Cartridge - 10%

Any sensible way to do this? What's the best upgrade path. Thanx
pawlowski6132
I've never looked at my audio purchases like that, especially my analog rig. I use a KAB modded Technics SL-1200MKII. In terms of money it's not much but its technology to price ratio is BIG.

I suggest you look at system goals, if you have any. If not, now it's a good time to think about goals. If budget is tight, then consider a sensible upgrade path and stick to it. Three thousand will get great sound if spent wisely. That would cover what I have and have some $$$ left: TT, two cartridges, Monolithic Sound phono stage, Ridge Street Audio cabling. I have no need to upgrade, just a couple more mods and I'm set. As good or better as any $7-8K rig...

If you intend to keep the sound them Cary amps and CD give you ( and I'm familiar with them ) then your phono set up should orbit around a phono pre that will be complementary to what you already like. Dan Wright has a new hybrid phono stage which is killer and you'd be happy to keep.

PS >>>> For those who doubt my KAB modded Stanton DJ cartridge has the midrange of a $1500 MC but without the artificial HF artifacts/soundstage bloom. Trackability & bass are kick ass.

I'll take a shot at this one ;)

30% tonearm + phono cable (if needed)
30% phono stage
20% table
20% cartridge

Stay tuned to my system page, as I hope to go into detail why I have found the tonearm and phono stage to be more important!
don't buy new...and don't buy piece meal. lots of great table/arm/cartridge combos for i.5 to 2k used.....get a goldring or grado(or other) under 500 phonostage to start, and spend the rest of your budget on new or used vinyl. many of the expensive phno stages don't sound that different unless you brake the bank on a table, and even that is not THAT different.