List of top phono preamps best

I know I have pounded away at this topic but i'm on a mission. I am looking for a phono preamp preferably with balanced circuit and output and want something that approaches the best. I am very fond of the sound of the ear834p which is in my system now, maybe this can offer an idea of what kind of sound I appreciate. The list I have compiled is: BOULDER (out of reach), AESTHETIX IO SIG.. (too many tubes and runs too hot), MANLEY STEELHEAD (a serious contender), LAMM LP2(another contender), PASS XONO (in the ball park), EAR 324 (another serious choice), BAT VK P10(also excellent), CONRAD JOHNSON PREMIER15, ZYX ARTISAN, AUDIO RESEARCH REF or ph?, AESTHETIX RHEA(was considering), ASR BASIS EXCLUSIVE, CARY PH301 or 302, LINN LINTO, HERRON VTPH-1, TOM EVANS THE GROOVE, ART AUDIO, WHEST PS.20. And there are more. What would be your top picks under $3000. used, preferably with balanced?
pedrillo
As a follow-up...

A few local audio club members heard in my system the Artemis PL-1 against the Wavestream and Herron. We all preferred both these other tube phonostages to the Artemis.

We listened to a number of our reference lps and made sure the cartridge loading was consistent from one unit to another and that listening levels were adjusted as much as possible (to within < or = 1dB) using uncorrelated pink noise from a test lp.

The artemis was good, but we concluded that it may be worthwhile to revisit the Artemis, but next time use the PH-1 (without the internal step up transformers). There was no bypass switch on the PL-1 that allos us to hear the unit without its internal 1:10 step up devices.

The highs tended to be less smooth on the PL-1 even after tube rolling using 7044 tubes (which we preferred over the Tung-Sol 5687, Amperex 7119 and Bendix 6900 tubes). The music had more finesse and was more refined while also having more immediacy and presence through the Wavestream and Herron. Overall, lp playback was more engaging though these latter two phonostages.
I have not heard the Wavestream or Herron so cannot comment on how they may compare with the Artemis. My version of the Artemis is the PH-1. I am using external S&B transformers with nude Vishay load resistors. This setup really shines whith the ZYX Universe/ Schroeder reference combination. There is a lot of immediacy and presence with great dynamics. Much more so than the Hagerman Trumpet (with the same transformers) which was im my system previously. The take I am getting from others is that the internal step-up on the PL-1 is Ok but that there are much better transformers out there which can obviously make a huge difference in the outcome.

An extraordinary design by Scott Frankland. Battery operated phono stage. Eight tubes; 4 6dJ8/6922 type, 2 12AX7 type, 2 12AU7 type. I've not heard a lot of different preamps, but I can tell you that this MFA was in a different league in terms of performance when up against an Audio Research Reference (no slouch either) in a recent listening session conducted at my friends house. This MC Reference prototype is hard-wired throughout with no circuit boards and is actually housed in a Luminescence chassis (actually two chassis). Every time I lift the lid I marvel at what can only be described as a work of art. In phono operation it is extraordinarily quiet which makes for a very low noise floor. Every aspect of performance is superb. My turntable rig is fairly modest and yet this MFA can create a very convincing impression of live music. As a certain chap named CJ would say, I didn't get where I am today without knowing a great preamp when I hear one.
Dear Oshag: +++++ " . This MC Reference prototype is hard-wired throughout with no circuit boards and " +++++

This characteristic is not a design advantage as a fact is a severe disadvantage.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
For fully balanced for even less than $3000 look at the Aqvox. Just got a rave review.