Oracle Delphi vs. ??? fill in the blank.

I really like the look of the delphi, a friend once had one that obviously left an impression on me. But i'm not convinced that it is the right table to get.
I am running a Kenwood "rock" cultured marble/granite plinth table now and dierly want to upgrade.
the rest of my system is I had a Levinson 28 (wife made me sell it... spells divorce for some. ha!) and am looking for one again a or better model 280s perhaps?, and still presently have two counterpoint sa-20 power amps going into a pair of Dynaudio Twynn MTM towers with custom heavy dampening and Solen heptalitz-wire inductors and fast metalized poly capsx-overs and monster internal cables, also a Teac VRDS 6030s tape deck. Synergistic Inouye line conditioner
I even made my own stand from aluminum and 3/4" granite shelves all spiked individually i would show you a pic but i am traveling and don't have one handy. the thing weighs 450pounds! thats without equipment on it!!
blah.blah.blah anyway the reason why i'm here is,
Please help! Any other tables to look at that compare to the oracle? or should I just buy the damb thing! looking $2000-3000 range.
morper
g morris
how do you rate the helicon graham combination
personally i find lyras a tad lean in my system
kind of similar to an ortofon jubilee[still great sounding though]
do you think later oracles are fuller in tonality than earlier models
havn't had the pleasure of the mkv yet
is it a worthwile upgrade if so why?
my old mk11, phantom,koetsu has seen off a few high enders
in its time 'in fact its one of the few turntables ive actually been happy with for a prolonged period
has the new mkv lost the organic structure that comes so naturally to the old units or has it become a detail retrievers dream that seems to ruin so many of todays superdecks have you had the opportunity to compare old with new/ same arm etc
personally i really hope the mkv is all its cracked up to be
and has just built on its strengths
if so
i want one
The Helikon likes to be loaded down quite a bit (47k is too lean sounding). I am using 100 ohms with my ARC PH2 without loss of air and treble response. I am getting a rich (not overly warm) tonal balance in my room. However, I can vary the degree of warmth/leaness by changing the phase of my subwoofers.

The Oracle Delphi mkVs are certainly richer in tonal balance than the previous iterations. The mkV with the granite base (65 lbs versus 35 for the standard base) has more powerful and articulate bass reproduction. It also is a tad more robust in the upper bass/lower midrange.

I have the opportunity to listen to both decks with similar equipment. And the granite plinth adds to the bass reproduction.

Bottom line: The Oracles are easily among the most musical
turntables currently available, irrespective of price. The newer iterations simply offer a wee bit more refinement, speed stabilty and resolution. But the overall character remains intact (thank goodness!)
Add to GMORRIS' well heeled comments,that the Oracle pricing is still ALOT more "wallet friendly" than the vast majority of "upper tier" competition.
I get the impression that the newest state of the art contenders are actually factoring in "what can we get"(as opposed to ,merely,based on costs)prices.
I think the new Metronome table is stunning,yet they are asking around 35-45,000 dollars(based on base choices).A beautiful product,yet it could sell for alot less,IMO!
I know product design costs money,but plexiglass is not expensive,and many quality parts can be obtained for alot less than one thinks.I'm just suspicious,as to why the Gaia is SO much more money than the Basis Debut Vacuum,which seems to be similar in materials.Actually the Basis platter is NOT plexi.The Gaia uses a combination of plexi and metal in plinth material,but these guys seem to still want to go for maximum bucks.Just watch the price go up,if/when the press starts to fawn over it.

Which brings me back to the "GORGEOUS" Oracle.Pretty nice company policy,allowing REAL-WORLD hobbyists to actually have a chance to own this design.It seems the prices have gone up based on inflation,not "lets get'um" pricing!As for it's lack of attention,I believe it's been around too long(a good thing,IMO,and the design is CERTAINLY perfected),and the average hobbyist is rather fickle.Believe me,those newer designs,of high mass are subject to potential problems,as time goes on.Bearing,bushing thrust plate wear,etc!
Like a line from "My Fair Lady"..."Jes you wait"!

BTW,I own neither an Oracle,or Basis.Sorry for the rant!!

Best!
Thank you all for the info.
I don't know why I ever considered anything buth the Oracle table that i originally sought after...But now, are there dramatic differences between the cronological version that may rank one on top? obviously they should have improved on their product but can a previous model with updated parts surpass the present stunner? And how good of a match is the SME tonearm with the table.