Michell motor is noisy:what to do?

Hi
The stand alone motor on my Michell Gyro is kinda noisy.
It is not electrical hum but rather a lisping sound coming from a rotating wheel.Once i heard it i can identify it from 2,5m (my sitting position).How to eliminate it?
overhang
I had a similar problem on my Michell Tecnodec, as the little pulley was slightly touching the motor housing, which can happen when the pulley becomes slightly loose. If it is the same problem in your case, it can be fixed within seconds using a small hex key.

Good luck,

Rene
DC motor? I have the same problem and just spoke to Dave @ Artech (US distributor) who told me to send it in to have it looked at. Mine is still under warranty however. I have not done so yet but will post the results.

Wes
Classic95, did you have a look at the motor pulley before sending it in? The lisping sound from the misaligned pulley was an easy fix on my Tecnodec, which has the same DC motor as the Gyro. In fact another user of the Tecno wrote to me with exaclty the same problem. Looks like the pulley on many new Tecnos and Gyros is just not mounted correctly from the start.

Rene
Well the fedex guy just left with my motor going back to Artech, I'll let you know what the outcome is. If they tell me it's a normal amount of noise I'm not going to be too happy.

Restock, unfortunately no it wasn't just the pulley touching the housing causing my noise, although the motor definitely seemed quieter if i took the pulley completely off. Very nice system by the way.

Wes
Wes, thanks for the update. Good luck with the repair or exchange of the motor.

Rene