AC vs DC motor?

OK...I am getting more and more interested in a new turntable and tonearm so will be coming to you all for advice and direction. I have a VIP Aries with the 10.5 arm and a Heilkon cartridge. I am interested in a Teres or Gailibier but both have DC motors. Please tell me the advantages or disadvantages of this type of motor.
rwd
Hi Bob P......excellent point..."Again, the advantages/disadvantages boil down to the execution of the design in regulating/maintaining speed" so which one does it better? Most here say...D/C?
Dear Rwd: The ACvsDC is not the issue, because both are good ones it depends what the TT designer looks for.

The name of the game here is " power supply design and execution to that PS design ". The motor well " is a motor " if you give it what is asking for you can't have any trouble and will works fine: both motor designs.

There is no single battery design that can even a good AC PS design. The Topoxford.. experience trhough a battery PS means that the original AC PS was not up to the task not that the battery one is better.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I used my LP12 with its origonal Valhalla AC supply, then added an Origin Live DC motor kit. Probably marginally better, BUT don't forget DC motors are noisy, you can hear the brushes even on the best. I have moved on to an Origin Live Resolution/Illustrious, which I have no plans to change. It uses OL's best motor the 200 series and Ultra power supply. The sound is wonderful, but the deck was built for DC supply. As Raul points out, some decks are built with DC in mind others AC. It aint what you do, but the way that you do it. Ultimately it depends on the skill, care and material content of the design. I dont think one is intrinsically better than the other.
By the way, I can still just hear the motor with the current turntable, with the best motor Origin Live have.
'Motor' on over to Audio Asylum-Vinyl Division and ping Mark Kelly. The guy knows way more about motors that you'll need to know, and is kind enough to share his knowledge. He's done gobs of work with controllers, AC DC, etc., and will be able to answer any question.