Teres, Galibier and Redpoint

After a lot of research deciding whether I should upgrade the motor on my Avid Volvare or my cartridge I have now decided that upgrading my transport is the way to go. I don't have to worry about motor compatability problems and I can always upgrade my cartridge at a later date. Being that I nearly always prefer pursueing the small company, and that the unsuspended route seems right, the three shops above have really caught my interest.

The Teres 320 or 340, Galibier Gavia and Redpoint Model A all cost about the same. But the same problem arises, I don't have an opportunity to hear and compare them and unless it's on my system, it doesn't really matter. I in no way mean to insult Chris, Thom or Peter, but what seperates these three tables in term of sonics? I say this only because they are contributors to this forum. Anyone have any opinions?

My arm is a Tri-Planar VII. Phonostage a Thor. Art Audio SET amps. Systrum rack. Thanks for your input. Richard
richardmr
Thanks Rwd. I noticed a more forward presentation/increase soundstage out of the box. Critical listenibg won't occur for approx 100 hours/this Tues. I still think it would be wise to purchase the TT/Arm/Cart 1st, live with PH-3 for a bit, then by the Rhea. A dealer said that the Io is in a completely different league. He says it even betters the ARC Ref Phono stage. Hmmmm?
BTW-Cello,if you are following this.I lost your E-mail address,so have not contacted you,other than phone,and I do realise you are a busy guy,and maybe not a "phone guy".Sorry!I wanted to buy the "guitar/singer" who's album you played,but the web-site you gave me isn't available,to me.That being said,I do get the impression,sadly, of us kind of losing touch,as I did make attempts to stay in touch.I did call you recently,but am not going to second guess any lack of return calls,based on my last attempts,and don't want to get too analytical.Hope none of my post stuff was the culprit,and you seemed way above that,anyway(though the timing of my "dumb period" was not too good),as I do believe I made it my business to be nothing but complementary, of you personally.Always!!So,I will let all this go,with this post,but do admit to being somewhat surprised(mainly because you were a nice host,and a good dude overall)!!.Hope all is well!

Best!

Since Cello's moniker has been brought up, I've been trying to reach you off and on as well, like for the last year! And I live in South Florida!! Cello/Larry, are you alive or do you have a beard typing for you?
I wanted to resurrect this post just to let people know that there is a date planned, May 13, for a Rumble in the Rockies! On tap is half a day of Galibier and half a day of Teres, with some special Schroeder sauce and TriPlanar garnishments thrown in.

Also, and most special, is the chance to meet many of the Denver area audiophiles.

Anyone who can is more than welcome join in!
I'm going to see my first Galibier table today. I'll report on my impressions tonight.