Verdier Graham and Shelter???

I am about to buy a Verdier and my cartidge is a Shelter 901.

Now I am loocking for a tonearm wich could match both Verdier and Shelter.

I know that the Shroeder DPS or REFERENCE could be a possible combo but delivery time is several months.

Is the Graham 2.2 a possibility?

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

Tenmus
tenmus
You really should consider the Ikeda IT407 (12 inch arm). Pricing is real world compared to many other top quality tonearms (was $2150, but now price is $2400).

To me, it has the best quality fit and finish of any arm I've ever examined, including SME, which is often used as a benchmark in this area. Plus its design is very 'finished' looking, as opposed to lots of other arms that look like garage-shop kits. Personally, I like the interchangeable headshell feature, although many dislike this.

No only does it perform faultlessly on the PV, but it looks fantastic on the table. When Lamm was demonstrating a Final labs 'Parthenon' TT at the 2005 CES in LV, he used an IT407. Seems like Ikedas are a well kept secret since there is no US importer (at least not one I can find). I got mine through '2juki' here at A'goN (or alternatively off his Ebay store).
Dear Bigbucks: I totally agree with you . The Ikeda tonearms out perform almost any of the best tonearms out there for a fraction of price, but as I understand André already buy the Triplanar.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hi Bigbucks

I have effectively finally bought a Tri planar that I 'am expecting now for the end of this week.
However , can you tell me what cartridges suit the Ikeda 12" ?
The Verdier has two armboards and perhaps someday...

André
Dear Raul,

Have you compared the Ikeda with the older FR66 and 64 etc.? If yes, what is your feeling about them?

Thanks,

Michael