"oldskool" tonearms

Hi folks, why do many audiophiles who own analog set ups love "oldskool" tonearms, like the SME 3010 or 3012, the Micro Seiki 282, Audiocraft, Toho, Koshin, AR and Hadcock? Are these tonearms better than most of the contemporary siblings? Do these audiophiles like them because of their (oldfashioned) sound? Or because the fact that they are very difficult to get nowardays?
dazzdax
Dear Raul,

I really respect your dedication and knowledge on LP playbacks. Out of all the tonearms that you have, I am a bit surprise that there isn't any linear tracker, air-bearing or otherwise. Just wonder what is you view on these arms.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Many thanks Raul for sharing your thoughts. I currently own the AC-4400 and UP-4 (plus my other unipivot, a RS-A1), although I guess I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for the Satin :)

Thanks again,

Anthony
Dear Astock: You Alphason tonearm is a very respected one and a " vintage " one for sure.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Anthony: Good luck on your Satin hunt. I owned the RS-A1 too, it had many interesting " things " ( like the headshell design ) but overall it is not a " great " one unipivot.

Btw, why your love for unipivots?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.