Record Cleaning Fluids: RRL vs. L'Art du Son

Anyone compared these two or have any opinions. I'm leaning towards L'art du son because it appears to be much more cost effective ($45 will make you 4 quarts of record cleaning solution) but am not sure how much I should be worried about this vs. the RRL. Application/cleaning instructions appear to be very similar with both products. Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many records a 32 oz. bottle of RRL will clean?
hdm
Not unlike most of what Fremer says, IMHO, he doesn't know of what he speaks regarding record cleaning fluids. The RRL fluids DO disperse into the grooves, they just don't stay there. The idea is that they enter to the grooves, do their business, then bead on the SURFACE, not IN the grooves, with the gunk suspended in liquid to be vacuumed away.

I have used the AIVS stuff and found that it seriously compromises the high end. Only when thoroughly rinsed away with Super Vinyl Wash (AND NO EASY JOB, THAT) does this tell tale signature disappear. Way too much work. In the event of a really filthy LP, I generally look for another copy. But, if that is not possible, I'd go with the Vinyl-Zyme instead, everytime - it being MUCH easier to remove than the AIVS.
Started using RR fluids four years ago and haven't felt the need to look elsewhere. Rarely do I have to clean my stylus and I attribute that to the efficiency of using these products to clean my vinyl.
I have used the AIVS stuff and found that it seriously improves the sound quality of all records that it is used on. From top to bottom they just sound better. I have been able to save old $1 records that I thought were lost. My basement is full of record cleaning formulas that did not deliver. AIVS is the best I have found so far.

Tim
I've used RRL, AIVS, VPI, and most recently, l'Art du Son.
I think all the fluids (except the VPI) have their places in the the cleaning arsenal. I would agree with others that I would use RRL on brand new pressings. However, there is a very nice benefit to l'Art du Son in that it has completely eliminating static build up on the few records I've cleaned.
4yanx, I agree that RRL seems to get into the grooves and then bead out. This is why I think it is so efective at getting that last bit of static and noise off a record but it is decidedly less effective at cleaning even modestly dirtier records. This is just my own opinion of course but based on cleaning hundreds of records over the past few years. I understand your continued objections to it. As I recall, you voiced your concerns quite emphatically in the original thread when Frumkin first introduced the product. I am glad to hear you at least gave it a try but I can't say I'm hearing the effects on the high end that you claim.
To each his own I guess.