Dynavector XV-1s set up

Hi,

I've just got a new XV-1s and am trying to set it up using a Plinius M14, which I am using temporarily. The Plinius offers Cartridge Loads of 22, 47, 100, 470, 1k and 47k. The XV-1s' literature is very limited but gives a recommended load of "more than 30 ohms". Can anyone advise me on what setting will work best on the Plinius?

Also, how long will the XV-1s take to run-in? And, finally, any other set up tips and advice will be warmly welcomed.

Many thanks
dgob
I set mine at 2 grms, however HW owner from VPI and HP from TAS swear by their XV-1s's at between 2.5 and 2,6 gms.

BTW I generally set mine at 47k with a pass Xono however I seem to be in the minority on that one.
Downunder, many thanks and I'll stick with the 2g. I think that I read somewhere that the increased weights drastically reduce the life of your cartridge (by up to 50%). Also, the manaufacturers seem to think that there is a problem with the listener that takes the option of exceeding the recommended limits. I suspect that they are compensating for weakness somewhere else in their system (or even in their acquired audial prejudices) and the cartridge is being made to pay the cost. Or maybe not!?
Dgob. I agree with you. I set mine at 2.5gm and could not hear that big a difference. However HW does say that 2.5gm sounds better and it has not effected the XV-1s in all the time he has used it at that weight.

Try it for a few hours and see if it makes a difference in your system. Can't hurt.

cheers Shane
Using Manley Steelhead, I am loading the XV-1s at 50 ohm and setting VTF at 2.2 ohm. HP from TAS did say that it sounded better between 2.5 and 2.7. I tried at 2.7 and did not find any significant improvements. However, the cartridge body almost bottomed out (touching the LP). So I set it back to 2.2. I do think that higher VTF sounds slightly better than lower VTF. The sound was more lifelike and vivid.
Thanks again guys, I'll try it at 2.2g for a few days and see how it compares with its current 2g setting.