Demagnatizing a ZYX Cartridge

If there is someone out there that owns a ZYX, can you please tell me if I should periodically demagnatize the cartridge.
slowhand
My Benz Aethetix demag suggests trying multiple passes and I have in the past with a Glider and some Grado cartridges without harm. However, after reading this thread I'm not so sure this device is what I should continue to use in the future. I now have a Benz M2 which I just bought so I want to make sure it lasts a while and stays at peak performance levels. Any suggestions out there for the best demag/degausser tools to use?

I'll also be at RAMF this weekend so I hope to learn more about this topic and possible solutions there in addition to what I can learn here.
Dear Doug: My experience and answers from manufacturers were for the active devices.

I don't know about the Cardas passive device.

What I know, active or passive, is that the question has to be answered by the cartridge manufacturer. Not a dealer not any one of us.
The cartridge manufacturer is the person that has all the know how about and in particular about his cartridge.

+++++ " How would that harm a cartridge? " +++++

You don't know for sure, the cartridge manufacturer has the best/safe answer. Not you.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Doug: I mean: Not you or I.

Who can tell me for sure that there will be no harm/degradation in the cartridge in the long run?

With out a definitive manufacturer answer, my advice is to stay far away.

As a fact any one of us does not want that our value cartridges: 3K to 9K, can suffer any damage " only for demagnatizing " it.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hey Doug

Hi. I used the Aethetix to demag on my ZYX. But I stress, that the Aethetix is a good device and a single pass demag-ing the ZYX did positive results sonically. Doing multiple passes was unnecessary. And I would hesitate doing multiple passes on any cartridge.
Raul,

I fail to see any reasoning at all used with your caution regarding the Cardas frequency sweep. Geez, it's only a record. Cut in the normal way too. Give me a break. Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out with your negativity. My position? If my cartridge implodes from playing this disk then so be it. I'm better off without it!