Schroeder arms: order of merit?

For a long time I have been tempted by the elegant designs of Herr Schroeder, but, having missed the collapse of the dollar, I now find myself totally priced out of the market for the "Reference" arm. So, the question is, what are the relative merits of the Model 1 (if it still exists), the "DPS," and the "Reference." Surely some Audiogon aficionados will have tried all three and will have informed opinions. If so, please let the world at large know your conclusions. And, equally to the point, how do these arms compare with the Graham 2.2 and "Phantom," the Triplanar, and other highly regarded designs. The cartridge I now use is a Myabi, and my turntable is a Verdier Platine. I realize, of course, that "Comparisons are odorous."
lapaix
Nrchy,mine was a long wait as well,but,SOTA is a small co.,and I assume you would only want Kirk to do the work,in assembling new products.I guarantee you that I waited longer,but it WAS worth it,in the long run.Best wishes.BTW--Any movement on the "Umbilical" issue?

Larry,what with your own private secretary,and seemingly nice "cushy" job(meant as a compliment),I can see a nice new handcrafted German tonearm in your future.That should put an end to the "Sibilence" issue.BTW-you sound like a kid on the phone.How many years did you say you've been in the hobby?
It's been awhile since I last checked into these pages, and even longer since I wrote anything. I see the discussions still fly fast and furious, and sometimes, with some good ol' tongue in cheeck (better than foot in mouth, I say)...
I only respond briefly here because of the various questions about the "Graham" sound in this discussion. With the 2.x arms, all build on the same basic frame, there was, indeed, a similarity to the various models, albiet with improvements along the way as we went for more and more bass extension, weight, midrange solidity, etc.
But with the introduction of the Phantom, I think it's correct to say the deck has been completely reshuffled (for the better) and I hope you will have a chance to hear what we've managed to imrove over our earlier efforts.
Regards to all, and enjoy your analogue in these difficult days when lasting pleasure may seem elusive....
- Bob Graham
Dear Lapaix,
I use a Schroeder on my Platine Verdier, albeit the humble Model 2, which I bought about three years ago. I have heard the Reference and the DPS at Frank's UK distributor, GT Audio, but not in my own system. My personal comment would be that whichever arm you buy from Frank, it will exceed your expectations. My Model 2 certainly did and I've been into hi-fi for 25 years. In my view, the Model 2 is one of Audio's current bargains. Sure, the Reference is fantastic and the DPS is nearly there, but some of us have wives who like to spend too; my wife has just bought a Steinway!
If you are using the Verdier, I would suggest you also look strongly at a Battery PSU. Graham Tricker from GT Audio (www.gt-audio.com - tel +44 (1895) 833099) makes an intelligent Battery PSU specifically for the Platine. The effcet of going to DC power is just stunning and it only costs 800 GBP.