Tandberg tape decks

Does anyone know them well? I have a question about the model 330.Who owns or used to own one?How does it sound?Compared to Nak decks?I heard that owners of 3014As and 3004s laugh at Dragon owners, but this Tandberg is not that advanced.I am thinking about buying one in,I hope,excellent condition.Would really appreciate your help.
inna
Never heard a Tandberg deck, but i always thought that they looked good on paper. One of my friends, who used to work on audio gear many, many moons ago, told me that they were very cheaply built and a pain to work on. I think the model that he had was a 3014 if i remember correctly. I never heard his unit when it was working as the damn thing was always breaking. Then again, maybe he was just a knucklehead and didn't know the "in's & out's" of setting this unit up properly. Sean
>
When I worked in the audio store in FL, we carried both Tandberg and Nak. The 3014 would bury the Dragon. A/B'd them for customers many times. Always came out the same.
My first Tandberg was a 330. Later I traded up to a 3014, then a 3014A. The 3014A is, without question, the best cassette deck ever produced. (I A/B'd it with the Dragon for hours - no comparison.)

The 330 is not as good as either the 3014 or Dragon, though it's a wonderful deck and certainly built well. If you can get a good price on one, you won't be sorry.

Be sure to test the unit before buying, or get return priveleges, as there are many things that can go wrong in a mechanical unit such as this (belts, pinch roller and bearing wear, head wear, etc. and repair of an older unit can be difficult and expensive.

Have fun!
I.m lloking at a restored Tandberg 3034. I am not familiar with it but it appears to be a high quality deck. Does anyone have some thought on this unit. I sort of collect tape machines and have some fine Revox, Naks, Aiwa, Onkyo, Denon, and Teac. Never have had a Tandberg but they always appeared to be high quality on a par with the Revox.