What CD sound is the best?

Which CD now has the best sound for King Crimson "In the Court Of The Crimson King" as well as The Moody Blues "In Search Of The Lost Chord"? Two Great ones that I would like to upgrade the sound as much as I can. ThanksSpindrifter
spindrifter
One correction, the first generation recordings were called "slaves" rather than "slave masters" as I stated in my post above.
Played my original release "In the Court of..." LP today and I'm ready to move up to the new remaster.
There's also a 30th anniversary single disk remaster of "Red," maybe I should wait to see if they release a new remaster.

Great info, Tomcy6. Those were the good old days of music recording; bouncing tracks and "ganging" the slaves together. I'm glad I got my start with 24 track decks.
This is great. I'm happy that this thread has reraised the consciences of you guys for the undeniable impact and beauty of TCOTCC. The lyrics bring full blown visuals especially the title tune. Thanks for your help you guys. The cover as well as the content make it one my of many all time greats. Listen on!

CHEERS