The sound out of jplay 6 is astonishing

For all windows people, jplay 6 will blow you away. Wow.

I ended up eliminating the speaker toe-in completely, the sound stage is now gigantic. It sounds so good, omg.
coli
Thanks. Just downloaded yesterday and haven't tried it yet.
Was that JPlay, JPlaymini or the Streamer? I've been using mini under a stripped out install of Server 2012 R2 Core.
Googled jPlay and then read the blogs debating its worth. If you hear it, then you hear it, but there is a claim made by jPlay that is an impressive sounding straw man that attacks a problem that does not exist.

The argument is that Windows is not a real-time system, and jPlay modifies the behavior of Windows to make it approach real-time performance. I worked in real-time operating systems, and I understand the lingo and arguments that jPlay asserts, but a reasonably recent Windows laptop should be staggering overkill for delivering a quality, bit-perfect data stream to a DAC in a timely matter.

The human mind is susceptible to assertions presented as stories. JPlay has a nice one, but reality seems to differ. True, I haven't heard jPlay, but it seems to address a well-constructed problem that actually isn't.

At the point that jPlay claims to improve the data stream, you can quantify the difference. I could not find a single example of a documented difference. As a player it may be terrific, but some of their reasons for 'better' seem iffy.
Ive toggled and toggled back and forth. I have it, gladly pay for it - but do not use it. I just don't hear the improvement. If you put a quarter on my preamp, I'll tell you if its heads or tails, but I can't hear this.
"If you put a quarter on my preamp, I'll tell you if its heads or tails, but I can't hear this."

That's winning use of hyperbole!