Lampizator question

Why so much Lampizator gears for sale those years ???
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xroccl007
Recall the OP question.

Obviously the best answer would be to explain (the overwhelming reason) why the relatively large number and it's clear it's because of upgrades.

It is also clear like with all Dacs that some move to other brands and some change focus altogether (DSP/DRC, back to vinyl, etc).

HOWEVER, given that Lampi has 2 new top range products, Big7 and Golden Gate, the bulk of change rationale is the people moving up the ladder. This is easily confirmed by asking Fred/Rob and Lukasz. No need to ask Snowden. LoL

So while you are not wrong in the bsolute, you dont really address the main concern of the OP, which is what is driving the trend he sees and why the timing now.
Lampi scoring big among some industry heavyweights:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?16323-Mytek-Manhattan/page4
and

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/lampizator-big-7-has-landed-23691/
I think it speaks to their pretty-greedy business model.

I am not speaking out of school here either but rather speaking what is obvious for everyone to see.

I am surprised I have not heard more criticism from the loyal Lampi owners.

This approach is successful and that is what a business is supposed to do but high-End audio is supposed to be different.

Why is it supposed to be different well partly because their products cost more than some automobiles and because we all talk and converse on forums like this to keep them honest. That is exactly what I am trying to do here but to be fair many other Hi-End companies get this and are much much more cognitive of this and are way more supportive and loyal to their owner base than this, what appears to be a pretty greedy European company.

Sorry but that's what they are !!!!

I am more interested in looking out for the currant owner's of Lampi's and fellow Agon member's and speaking about this and raising the level of awareness of this lets make as much as we can marketing approach to the potential buyer of their "NEW" products and for the consumer to think about this when they give Lampi their hard earned money.

Now this is to the potential of buyer of "NEW" ones. Not my fellow Agoners or owners who want to buy/sell used ones from another member that's no different than all of the products.

Rather than adding consistent upgrades and improving and supporting their current DAC models and offering reasonably priced increases in performance they chose to "always" come out with a new model DAC and this hurts the value of the older models for sure and hurts the people that invested a ton of money in their products and their company. The model life cycle for a what a Lampi cost is "WAY" to short and the reason I chose a different company to invest in and purchase from was partly due to their actually caring about their owners and they don't just dump on them just make more money.

I just bought a new Bricasti M1 DAC that has had constant and cheap or free upgrades for years. A life cycle that actually takes their owners that investing in their company and products into consideration and take pride in their owner base and is always evolving the product and making it better.

A perfect example is the newer Bricasti M1 Linear Power Supply for the digital domain they came out with that was a huge upgrade in SQ. This was a significant Hardware upgrade that really impacted the SQ substantially and some say changed the DAC. Do you know what they charged for this huge upgrade? $150.00! Do you think Bricasti made any money on that? No but they certainly support their owners and that impressed the heck out of me.

Look - no one in their right mind is going to criticize the Sound Quality or build quality of the Lampi products. Their products are amazing and sound incredible and they offer all kinds of ways to customize and improve current models and upgrade them and do all kinds of things and they are some of the best sounding digital in the world that is not in contention here but make no mistake they are greedy as heck IMO and once you a buy a new model from them you count on them constantly working on the next one so your model prematurely drops in value. That is part of the package with Lampi but they sound and are built incredible. If you have all kinds of extra money and don;t care if the life cycle is super short and the value vs the retail and sound quality drops much to quick then have a blast you may get the best sounding digital money can buy. For me I chose Bricasti not only because of the support but on top of it I liked a lot better than the Big7.
Huh? Gotta say that last post doesn't make a lot of sense to me. What is the big issue there? That they have a lot of models and offer customers multiple customization options? Sounds like a good thing to me. They should be concerned with keeping their customers happy, and I hear very few negative comments from customers. As best I can tell, Lampi keeps a pretty good resale value.
Big7 $13000 DAC and now can buy in high 6's... If it you got the money then why not..