Romulus CD player--

Anyone have any experience with the above product, and or input regarding same?
bluesnbike1954
Hi Grannyring,
I'm stunned by your post, but respect your candor. You've been a very
vocal and stanch supporter of computer digital systems. This is quite a
change of direction ( I know that ultimately you trust your ears).This
borders on shocking given the many pro- computer comments from you.
Never thought you would return to CD spinning (which I happened to enjoy
immensely). All my component choices are guided by the ability to
preserve and honor
emotional engagement and communication to the soul of music, if keeps
things real.Welcome back.
Charles,
The only reason I even tried another CD player was because I am not a computer guy, but forced myself to learn all the in and outs. It came with a lot of frustration and effort. Yes, I learned and I am proud of my efforts.

In the end I grew weary of all the downloads, ripping of cd's, sporadic computer issues etc....that I longed to just put a cd in a drawer and play music. I am a simple guy and want to get away from computer hassles when out of work.

I like handling CDs and the simplicity of my hobby is now back. I once thought looking for a cd was a hassle, well not compared to having to interact and wrestle with a computer. I really cringed when it was time to download new music from the net or when the computer would act up.

In terms of sound my computer digital set up was the best sound I had experienced in a front end. I was ready to trade sound quality for the ease of CDs as I longed to go old school and ditch the computer. What I was not prepared for, or even believed, was a cd spinner could actually sound as good.

My experience with CD players and dac/transport combos in the past suggested my computer rig was far superior. Well, the Romulus changed that reality. Fact is I like the Romulus more. I am saying I like the sound better. My music is just more satisfying and pleasurable now. That is the simple bottom line.

I did not want to post all of this on the Lampi thread as I greatly respect the Lampi and the folks who own then. No need to rain on that party!
Its funny Grannyring all you had to do was to buy a good reasonable transport like the PS Audio hook it up to the Lampi and I think you would have changed your mind.
Jwm, well that is a guess at best. It may or may not have sounded as good as what I have now or had. Speculation.

I wanted a one box simple solution. No need for a second power cord, digital cable and second box. A one box CD player was my goal.

I think the Romulus is special as I have had more high end players, dacs and transports than I care to recap here. As for the PS audio/Lampi combo, well I have paired the Lampi with high quality transports and preferred my computer and now the Romulus. Would the PS/Lampi combo be more special than the Romulus....who knows.
Grannyring,
I thoroughly understand your rationale. At the end of the day simplicity and superb music reproduction are the top priorities for me . I'm glad it all worked out for you.My lack of interest in computer audio is exactly for the reasons you've listed.Jwm's PS Audio transport and Lampizator is excellent but I know you wanted a single box solution.
Charles,