Ayon CD2S vs ModWright XA-5400ES Ultimate Truth

Last year I bought a new Sony XA-5400ES and sent it off for the full Modwright Truth mods. I've been generally happy with it and think it does many, many things well, but I keep reading the Ayon CDP raves and am wondering if anyone has ever compared these two head-to-head. I listen to a big range of music, but am all tube and very much a lover of great midrange. I'm running a pair of the late Paul G's TAD 1000 monoblocks and a Mystere CA preamp. Thanks in advance for any thoughts/insights.
scotlynn
Is the preamp tube as well?

If it's solid state, the Ayon might be a good fit.

I think the XDS1 DAC is more resolving. But the Ayon tube lushness is something to behold.

Another option to look at is the Playback MPS-5. It's very similar to the XDS1 but with the mid bass a bit more pronounced.
Yes, I have a Mystere CA11 preamp - just picked it up and still breaking in, but very happy with it so far.
Scot - Let me know if you want to sell your ModWright XA-5400ES w/Ultimate Truth mods.
I previously owned the CD2 and now have had my MW 5400 for two years; I'm enjoying music now...
Wig, like your speakers. I don't own a CD player or digital play back anything ,.yet.
I just like to mention a demonstration which involved the Sony ModWright comparing to a much more expensive digital player which I'm not sure the brand name as I type.
The demonstration was some new Symposium products, to make it short I listened to both players and liked both players ,the sony modwright was put on a symposium segue ISO platform with the symposium roller blocks , I could not believe the transformation, then compared again between the two digital players .The Sony cleaned up and I apologize for not remembering the other player however it was much , much more expensive?
I bought a couple of these symposium platforms and a roller blocks that made a difference under my preamp and power supply.