SACD-R

I have recently come across a few websites that have SACD downloads that can be Burned onto DVD-R and saved as an SACD-R. They sound INCREDIBLE!

Unfortunately, this has started me down a new path of component searching.

There are not many machines that play these discs, mostly newer BluRay players: Oppo, Marantz, DENON, Sony...

I have auditioned a Primare BD32 that has set the bar in my system for sound quality, but I do not need any of the Video or Multi-channel features of the unit, not do I really want to spend $6,000.

So, I am wondering if anyone else has gone down this road yet.

If so, is there an up-to-date list of compatible SACD-R players somewhere?

I am interested in knowing if the some of these models are compatible:
Marantz SA-8004
Yamaha CD-S1000
Pioneer Elite PD-D9MK2-K
ss5
Update:

I have tested:

DENON DBT-1713UDP, 5-10, sound was just ok.

Sony BD590, 1-10. Might as CD's sounded better through my CD player than SACD through this.

Yamaha BD-A1020, 6-10, just a slight bit better than the DENON.

Maranz UD7007, 9.5-10, almost as good as the Primare, but much less$. This machine really sounds amazing! Very well built as well.

Oppo 95, 8-10, good, but certainly not as great as all the hype is. Sounded a bit flatt with SACD, 24Bit FLAC was very good though.

Primare BD32 is my refence point still 10-10.

No 2ch CD/SACD players were compatable unfortunately:
Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz...In order to play SACD-R the player must be able to read DVD-R discs. So, only BD/SACD players could read them. This is really unfortunate since I have no TV in my 2ch room. And, the BD players do not have a true DSD DAC like some of the 2CH CD/SACD players.

I am keeping the Marantz.
Hello Ss5,

I am interested in the Primare BD32 as well.
Where did you demo this player?
If you don't intend to burn the SACD-R and only intend to play the 2 channel layer, all you need is a DAC that can process DSD over USB, a Mac Mini with Audirvana Plus 1.4 and voila. Playback of the ISO on your computer.

You can also do the same on the PC (using foobar and specific plug ins) but I am not familiar with it.
SACD playing on an EMM Labs CDSA thru Meitner MA-1 DAC with AES input.

Same SACD.ISO file playing on a Mac Mini on Audirvana Plus streaming through USB to Meitner MA-1 DAC with DSD over USB.

Ironically, the SACD.ISO file on DSD sounds better than playing with the original SACD disc on the SACD player.

(Audio)