Taming edge from remastered CDs?

It seems a common trait in my system that re-mastered CDs have better resolution and spatial information (e.g., 2003 Rhino "Fragile" by Yes) but seem sort of edgy and a little hard sounding. No such problem w/regular CDs or vinyl. I've been thinking about an equalizer to use for listening to only such recordings. Just tame the upper frequencies a little. Any suggestions? System is Cyber 800SE monoblocks, Consonance Ref 50 Preamp, David Schulte mod'd. Denon 2910, KAB mod'd Technics w/Heed Quasar Phono-pre. Acoustic treatments in use. Again, issue is with a minor segment of the listening I do.
128x128ghosthouse
It's not the CDs.

The OP describes a property that many, such as Lowrider and Arh, have also attributed to "remastered" CDs. IMO, the source material itself -- see ELH's remastered "Luxury Liner" -- has much to do with this perceived edginess.

While I'd not expect to make a silk purse of a sow's ear, an upgrade to your DAC might help, and perhaps room treatments or AC. Before doing anything, I'd try some ABs of remastered and original recordings, as Larry suggests. I'd also compare a couple of CDs that you know to be reference recordings (e.g., Valerie Joyce, New York Blue, from Chesky). I'm betting a lot of the trouble is on the silver discs. The difference between a good recording and a bad one can swamp large differences in gear.
Thanks to all for the input. I'll note again the "edge" I'm objecting to does seem to be limited to re-mastered CDs. Most of the time I don't have complaints with other source material - so not sure it's an AC power issue (not saying over all system performance wouldn't benefit from an investment there).

Maybe avoiding re-masters is the way to go, although they aren't all "scams" are they? For whatever reason they do seem to have better resolution and "pop". I have a SPL meter. Will try comparing dB at constant volume setting between old and re-master. Either way, not a major issues...maybe just taping some toilet paper over the tweeter for these is the simple fix.

Equipment-wise I was mainly wondering if there might be an equalizer or outboard tone control that could be used on such material. Bypass it the rest of the time. Don't have $ for a Cello Palette, however!
I had the same problem for a while, but once I got all the right components the problem disappeared.

Arh, that is what I'm saying. It doesn't apply to all remastered cds. I buy classical and EMI Classics and Chesky do an excellent job of remastering where as some other labels produce these harsh sounding discs.
So, I too would like to find a solution or I'll just stop buying remasters. (rock cds are the worst case of remastering).