Esoteric SA-10 or Ayre CX-7e: Too close to call??

I have heard the Ayre CX7e and like the sound very much; I have no way to hear the Esoteric SA-10. I recently have seen ads for both in VG condition on AG for approx $2000.

Both retail for $3500; I have not heard the Esoteric, but read the reviews on this player. Has any members owned the Esoteric, or even possibly compared it to Ayre CX-7e Thanks, Jim
sunnyjim
Chayro, I think you missed the point again. Audio is not a "source of grief" for me.I enjoy the "helpful" and reasonable responses to my threads, and reading the threads of others. However, rude, intolerant, and overly self-assured people ARE a source of grief. Even though, you don't completely fall into that category as Tom6897, you are nibbling at the edges.

Take a look at Stereo5's response above yours. That, to me is helpful advice without the chastizing lecture. I always offer advice to members if I have knowledge of a particular component,or to issues of acoustics and speaker placement, etc.

Case closed!!! After 41 years of doing audio, maybe, it is time to learn how to sail, surf, and paint sunsets.
Sunnyjim - What value was Stereo5's post when he could not compare it to the Ayre? In his opinion, the Esoteric was "too smooth", but you might love it. Judging from your post history, you are just another neurotic audiophile, endlessly asking questions and never reaching a high degree of satisfaction with your system. Case (really) closed!!!.
Charyo, I was correct; you and Tom6897 are cut from the same cloth.....judgemental, arrogant, and opinionated

Let me see if I can find an old Rolling Stones copy of "I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" Should provide the appropriate musical background necessary to create, by your myopic standards, more unsettling threads.
I really don't understand why someone should be ridiculed for asking for advice on these forums.
We all need to listen and make our own decisions, but what is the harm in querying others?
Some people should take some Prozac and chill
Richard, Thank you for the support. By making members self conscious of asking even the simplest questions, however far out or bothersome is to make them gunshy of ASKING ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL and forever Jim