has anyone had problems with wadia service?

i have a wadia 381, and for some reason when it is turned on it now emits a high pitched tone, which can best be described as sounding like that of a flying insect. i have called wadia several times and most of the time i get an automated message - on some occasions i get an announcement saying "thank you for calling wadia" other times it says "thank you for calling audio research". it almost seems like there is no one there. the whole thing just gives me the sense that something strange is going on (like, maybe wadia is about to go under).

in any event, i am currently stuck with a cd player that doesn't work and no apparent way to get it fixed. has anyone else had problems contacting wadia?
paperw8
Rja,

Having faced something similar many years back, I can see why you are quick to throw Wadia under the bus; however, this isolated incident was neither intentional nor an oversight. This issue had more to do with the phone system than negligence.

I've been working with Wadia for 12 of the past 22+ years and I, professionally speaking, have never experienced a breakdown in communication or service.

I was a witness to this event as are others who read this thread. As a witness, to something clearly unintentional or accidental, there are usually two ways to handle it. Some people just want to lay on the horn and make matters worse for the poor guy that just broke down in front of them. Others offer to push the car to the shoulder and then allow use of their cell phone.

Respectfully,
Burt

as a update, when wadia was made aware of the problems with the service department (and apparently i have not been the only person who had been trying to contact them) they actually did something to address my comments. for example, if you call the service department now you get a message explaining that they are moving the service department and will be shut down until after labor day. yeah, that's a bummer if your unit is out of commission now, but at least now you know what is going on. besides, companies don't relocate every month, so you can think of the current situation as being of an extraordinary nature, so you can't judge wadia based on current conditions.

from my interactions with wadia (after i got past the automated messaging system) i get the sense that they will attempt to accommodate people to the extent that they are able. but i think that the takeaway here for wadia is that it is critically important to keep customers informed and to not leave customers on a lurch when extraordinary conditions exist.
They should have handled their move better and had a plan to take care of their customers. I bought a 121 that didn't work properly in my system a couple weeks ago. Called and didn't get a response to a VM in 24 hrs. Since I read about their communication issues I called back and got a very nice and concerned cust serv rep on the phone who said he would run it by engineering and get back to me. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard back. That's too long in my book. No worries though, my online dealer has already swapped it out for the Rega that works perfectly. So I'm not really unhappy in the end. I've had no issues with their phone system or emails-they just didn't call back (yet). Maybe the note flew out the window on the highway to their new facility.
I'm confident that all these issues will be resolved eventually but in the mean time better have patience.

08-24-12: Bizango1
They should have handled their move better and had a plan to take care of their customers. I bought a 121 that didn't work properly in my system a couple weeks ago. Called and didn't get a response to a VM in 24 hrs. Since I read about their communication issues I called back and got a very nice and concerned cust serv rep on the phone who said he would run it by engineering and get back to me. It has been two weeks and I haven't heard back. That's too long in my book. No worries though, my online dealer has already swapped it out for the Rega that works perfectly. So I'm not really unhappy in the end. I've had no issues with their phone system or emails-they just didn't call back (yet). Maybe the note flew out the window on the highway to their new facility.

it seems to me that the fundamental issue is that you just didn't like the unit. if you don't like the produce *and* you perceive poor service - that's doubly bad.

in my case, i actually like the cd player, and my previous customer service encounters had actually been pretty good. my sense is that the current problem is temporary; the biggest problem that i had was that i just didn't know what was going on which led me to wonder if the company was going under.