Metrum Octave versus Eastern Electric DAC

I own an Eastern Electric DAC, the older one with volume control, no mods. Have any of you in the community compared these two units? Would I be better off doing the op amp upgrade, buy the newest EE with upgrades?

I have enjoyed the EE and like it well enough, but I am curious about the Metrum. I would like slightly more warmth, more fullness, a little more meat and bones, without losing any of the detail I now enjoy.
mikirob
Have you ever heard the Metrum? If not, why do you keep posting? The OP is interested in people that have auditioned both DACs. This posting isn't about tube vs. ss. There are plenty of those discussions in the archives.
>>i find it hard to believe that a ss product can be superior to a tubed product with respect to the characteristic classic tube sound.

Mr Tennis, why this kind of comment? Stay happy with tubes (FWIW, I own/owned a lot of tube gear) but please refrain from adding non-contributing entries.

As for the comparison, I own a Metrum Octave and A/Bed this with an MiniMax from a friend and found the Octave more detailed and faster.
Mrtennis,

I used a 1950s Mullard Longplate in my Minimax, which was an excellent tube. Don't get me wrong the EE DACs were awesome--very competent, but I believe I prefer the Octave. It is a little tough to say due to the fact that I've had a lot of variables to my system change between the two dacs.

That said--discrete tube output or not, I think the sabre32 is intrinsically more analytical then most NOS offerings.
I assume you mean the Shuguang Psvane? Funny... I own that tube as well and disliked it compared to the Mullard. The Siemens Silverplate was also much better.