CD upgrade.

Hi. Ive been searching the net for ideas, but i could do with some pointers. Im looking to upgrade my Consonance droplet cd player. This is a very large and heavy valve player which i like, but have had for some time now and feel an upgrade is in order. I want something that will better it, ideally valve but that is not essential. im looking to spend 3k ( british pounds) and would consider something pre owned too. Is that a bad idea, given that cd players have moving parts? the droplet retails at just over three. anyone think this would be a side ways move? ive seen a gamut cd3 ( ex dem, not heard it) for around 3k. Anyone have any experience with these players. Thank you kindly.
james123
Audiofreak32. which model is that, please. is that the cd 22, the one with a separate power supply? Thank you.
No, I had the older CD-128 I think it was. Now, they have the CD-168. I paid under $2k for my CD-128 new, w/ warranty. Excellent player for the money.
James,
At 3,000 pounds, there is a huge choice available and I would not limit yourself to the recommendations in this thread, including any Linn player or DAC.
Just take a look on Audiogon from time to time to see some of the great players you can purchase second hand. For example, there are some Esoteric X-05 players currently for sale. Superb build quality and sound - you cannot go wrong.
Hi all. Do any of you know about the AMR 77 cd player. While seraching the net i came across a preowned one at 3.5k pounds. Is this near what its worth? Would this be a substantial upgrade to my Droplet player, or just slightly better? I dont really pay much attention to professional reviews.

It has XLR outputs but is not balanced.

I understand these are now about five years old now? Anyone comment on the reliability of a player this age. I have a musical fidelity a3 in a second system and that still works perfectly after 10 years of use. However there is hardly anything inside it!

Thank you.