best cd player to get??

i'm looking for a good cd player that will match the rest of my system, and am looking for reccomendations.

i have a pair of BG corps Z-92, a pair of bryston 14b sst mono block amps, and a rogue audio 99 magnum preamp.

my budget right now is only enough for around 1500 dollars.

my music collection is very well rounded, but it does lean towards more rock and heavy metal.

any recommendations would be highly appreciated.
miasmicoverlord9
I like the Marantz SA-8004 for $1K. It sounds great, plays both sacd and cd, has digital inputs for it's very good dac, and will also input computer usb. Read the review in the ABSOLUTE SOUND. One thing, one my sacd's it didn't want to read. Thats it though, only one. When i get home I think cleaning will help for that cd.
Have you considered a good DAC/Player combo? You could pick up a Rega or Centrance DAC and add a new or used player as transport. This would beat out many stand-alone players and give you greater flexibility down the road.

If you still prefer a stand alone player, the Rega Apollo is slick and the versatile Oppo 95 has most people pretty happy. You'll find it it pretty hard to find a "bad" player. I find the range to start at "excellent" and work it's way up, depending on system synergy.

Cheers,

Rob
a refurb sony 595, often available on SonyStyle for about $60 with free shipping. Yes it has great sound, SACD's too, and if you don't like it SonyStyle will come get it for a full refund.