Jplay Mini

I been using Jplay mini in Hibernation mode for a few weeks now and the results are stunning
If you have windows 7 or vista and like me a bit out out of your depth to build a dedicated computer based audio system then this will get you the similar results.
It will work with JRiver ITunes and Foobar as a plug in but the real magic is in full hibernation mould
It will take a ordinary DAC and transform it into something very special
johnjc
Tom,

The music does play from memory in hibernation mode. I have 8gb of memory, and the memory set in Jplay to 4gb. I've heard people get good results with 4gb of system ram though. I'd say that would be a baseline minimum though.
Yes think 4gb ram is botton line from what I read for Jplay to function
Jplay will play apple lossless but I rather hear via WAV or FLAC. Like everything depends on personal needs and system
Tom If you copy files you want to play and then press space when in Jplay mini it will play your selection
I'm glad this thread has been opened, I've been thinking about trying JPlay for a couple of months, this thread put it front and center. Just loaded the trial version tonight and its a very nice improvement. I have a cheap dac (Musiland Monitor 02US, asyncronus usb, plays all files 16/44.1 to 24/192 through usb)and I have no idea what a $3000 + dac sounds like, but I have tweeked my pc laptop in everyway that I can think of. This made more improvement than anything that I have done. Previously I had 3gb ram, I increased it to 6, Loaded wasapi, nice improvement, removed virus protection, turned off all unnecessary programs, loaded about 6 different drivers for my dac, JPlay made as much improvement as all the other things combined. I'll probably follow the Euro vs the dollar for a bit, but I can't imagine not pulling the trigger and purchasing this program.
I've been using JPlay for JRiver for a couple of weeks now. I must say I was very skeptical when I downloaded it but my ears quickly put me in my place. There is an ease and naturalness to it's presentation, more of an analog sound than I have experienced from my computer source before. I am extremely pleased and think it's a serious bargain. I tried hibernate mode once but it's a rare occasion that I would be able to deal with no control of playlist and rebooting to make changes, kind of a pain. It did sound better but just not worth the hassle to me, the standard JPlay in JRiver sounds damn good on it's own. I have not tried the mini yet but a good friend of mine swears by it.

Josef and Marcin are great guys too. Very accessible, knowledgeable, helpful and kind. I could tell right off they were audiophiles first:)
full hibernation mode is the best but agree not as flexiable for me the difference is too huge to ignore