PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Upgrade

Paul McGowan has leaked some information about a major upgrade the perfectwave DAC that will be coming out within the next few weeks. Pricing as of yet unknown, but current units will be field (DIY) upgradable.

Apparently, major changes were made to the digital processing board, involving changes in the powersupplies, and replacement of CMOS switching for the gates and clocking with analog switches.

Second, new jitter reducing circuitry called NativeX was implemented.

There are more as of yet unannounced new features.

Apparently, SQ on all inputs will benefit, including the bridge. Exciting stuff.
edorr
Lewhite.

Native is indeed a bypass of the SRC. NativeX indeed benefits from the new "Digital Lens" built into the new MKII board. I'm not sure of the exact protocol.

I assume that NativeX also bypasses the SRC. What I don't know for sure, but what I also assume to be true, is that the new digital lens is an active component in the signal path (i.e.: that you don't necessarily bypass it when NativeX is not activated - what would be the point of bypassing such an integral component of the new board...?). So my guess is - someone correct me if I'm wrong - that the signal is always routed through the new "Digital Lens," while NativeX bypasses the SRC (as does Native)...??
that's how i understood it too Ben. sure would be nice to find out for sure though.
I'm not sure about my aforementioned assumptions as stated in the above post. I have posed over at PS Audio to confirm/verify...
Well, the posts over at the PS forum indicate that the new Digital Lens is only engaged when NativeX is activated. My assumptions were therefore incorrect.
Ben
The option to engage or not is there as a "choice" right now ans also to future proof the MKII since who knows what resolution will eventually come out of the Silent Server.
It just gives more user options in case something else changes [ like a new brdge].