Best Way To Archive Vinyl On My PC

I have a metric $#%&load of vinyl that I'd like to archive on my PC. The native sound card has to go. I already have the PC-to-stereo big rig connection in place, and it functions. Now, I'd like to stereo-to-PC, so I can play all the vinyl using my good TT, into my PC. It looks like there's a movement afoot to go to PCI E sound cards. My current PC has only PCI sockets, so maybe USB is the way to go. I'm not sure. I'll probably go FLAC, WAV, etc. if I can find the space. Right now, all my tunes are high-bitrate MP3s, or M4As.

Any advice on this?
licoricepizza
Ghasely, now that everyone has seen your "state of the art" method and my "budget recommendations" which are incomplete; because I only recommended the Audigy Sound Blaster, and the Musicstream UDB DAC; they can compare and speak for themselves.
Orpheus, are you absolutely mental? Do you get out much? Is that ankle monitor that confining?

I mentioned the Korg MR2000 1 bit DSD digital recorder as 1 method for archiving one's vinyl. Have you looked it up? You can record your vinyl to the Korg, with no computer in the chain and only 1 set of cables. All of the analog to digital conversion happens inside of a darn quiet environment electrically and the sample rate choices represent every widely used sample rate available today. All for a street price of less than $1,500!

I got the idea for using the Korg by reading about MANY different methods but I wanted to archive my vinyl at the highest quality and sample rate available, and then I went to a few live shows of some world class musicians/groups. I did not have a budget in mind when I started the journey, just the quality requirement. It is amazing how many musicians/recording venues/et al use the Korg DSD recorders for capturing their performances for later commercial release. (I had unlimited backstage/venue access, which if I were to explain how you would surely think of me as a snob).

I used to have an Intel based PC with a Soundblaster audio card.....perfect for gaming and casual listening, not for reference level audio reproduction. I switched to MAC. When you mentioned your Soundblaster was in your recording chain, your credibility on this subject fell off of a cliff. Initially, i just thought you didn't know any better and I was trying to be polite and possibly expose you to another way....notice I didn't say my way, right way, perfect way.....I'm not claiming I know it all but your repeated insistence that your vinyl recording method is really good just continues to erode your credibility, if you ever had any.
Ghasley, do you have any stop signs in your neighborhood? If so, tell them about your problem.
Actually yes, there are stop signs and I am able to converse with all of the friendly people in my neighborhood about the goings on in the world. The economy, our health, our families....all pleasant. Most are employed, the unemployed typically by choice due to fortunate circumstances.

I just checked with them and ALL OF THEM AGREE THAT THE SOUNDBLASTER IS A POS SOUND CARD!!!!