Best Way To Archive Vinyl On My PC

I have a metric $#%&load of vinyl that I'd like to archive on my PC. The native sound card has to go. I already have the PC-to-stereo big rig connection in place, and it functions. Now, I'd like to stereo-to-PC, so I can play all the vinyl using my good TT, into my PC. It looks like there's a movement afoot to go to PCI E sound cards. My current PC has only PCI sockets, so maybe USB is the way to go. I'm not sure. I'll probably go FLAC, WAV, etc. if I can find the space. Right now, all my tunes are high-bitrate MP3s, or M4As.

Any advice on this?
licoricepizza
Ghasley, there are "Audiophiles" and there are extreme audiophiles who fall into the category of "snob" audiophiles. Everyone on this forum is aware of ARC, but I doubt if hardly anyone is using ARC as a USB DAC. If your budget allows you to indulge in extreme audio, I say "more power to you", maybe one day I'll have that kind of a budget; but today I don't, and honestly I doubt I would use an ARC USB DAC. In the mean time, I'm as happy as a clam with my comical digital setup; peace, and enjoy the music.
Orpheus, how can you refer to me as a "snob audiophile" when anyone with a grasp of the English language can bear witness to the fact that I was so "gentle" with you through our dialogue.

I did not say that your equipment is not good, i was merely trying to point out that if someone is a serious vinyl afficianado and were trying to discover a method of truly archiving their vinyl, that your method is probably not what they were looking for. My method may not work for others either. I wasn't telling you to go buy an ARC USB DAC, which dealers are having a hard time keeping in stock, I was recommending that you ought to hear what is possible, that's all.

My system sounds good to me, your system sounds good to you, so we are both happy. I worked hard to get into college, worked hard in college, worked hard in my career, worked hard in graduate school and have worked hard in my second career. I have about 2 months worth of pay invested in my system and I don't consider it bleeding edge. It works for me, is actually pretty simple, many fewer cables and wires than yours. I just enjoy music.

For you to refer to me as a snob is unfair and unwelcome, I'm far from it. Look at my feedback, read my posts, i simply try to add to the wonderful dialogue we enjoy here on Audiogon. If anyone in this thread is a snob, it would be the person not open to open discussion and a free exchange of ideas. There is more than one way to accomplish anything and you have explained yours, i have explained mine and others will certainly share theirs.
Ghasley, your post indicates you are not a "snob", but a sincere audiophile. Assuming I wanted to bring my system up to the standards you aspire to, what sound card, DAC, and other compatible components would I have; including pre amp, amp and speakers.
Orpheus, thanks. I don't know what gear you have other than the digital setup you mentioned in this thread. Rather than hijack this person's thread any further, you should start a new thread, list your gear, set forth a budget that must be adhered to and I will sincerely provide my opinion. The usual disclaimers will apply, I don't consider myself an expert other than to say I have made every mistake you can make in this hobby.

My personal philosophy on archiving vinyl is based on the premise of maximizing the quality of the archive, even if a person's current setup is incapable of reproducing the incremental resolution. We do this because we all recognize that the rest of the system is only as good as what we input.
Licorice, I hope you have derived enough from all of these posts to put a system together that will transfer your vinyl to PC. There is nothing better than to listen to all of your favorite records, with only the cuts that you like, without interruptions for hours on end late at night. The computer playlist is so much better than a R to R in terms of convenience, it's just about the only thing I listen to.

Enjoy the music and good luck.