Audiogon "RECORDINGS TO DIE FOR" list

I've been listening to some of my favorite recordings this weekend and was wondering what others on Audiogon felt were there favorites. We have all seen the Stereophile "Records to Die For", The Absolute Sounds recommended list, Music Directs' list, The Golden Ear, etc. now I'm hoping to assemble the Audiogon "Recordings To Die For". Please list your five favorite recordings, the ones you listen to over and over or play for friends. I would assume the sonic quality is excellent in that this is an audiophile site. The performance and enjoy ability should also be excellent. Please leave your top five, even if they are already chosen so we can discover the very top for the Audiogon listeners. ALSO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CRITICIZING OTHERS OPINIONS AND JUST LEAVE YOUR FAVORITES!

August 2002: I have compiled a summary and a full printer-friendly list of all of the recommendations below.
click here to view summary
128x128jadem6
Just saw the thread and off the top of my head I came up with:
- Laura Love: Fourteen Days. Great recording and the vocals just absolutely soar. Amazing harmonies.
- I really enjoy the new Lucinda William's Essence.
- I agree with the other poster, the latest Clapton, Reptile, is a really nice recording, well done, and it just sounds wonderful.
- Steely Dan's Two Against Nature is a reference.
- Of course, Davis' Kind of Blue. What can I say?

Way too many to mention.
My top 5 list
Dave Brubeck-Take 5
John Coultrane- Blue Train
Cannonball Adderley- Something Else
Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
Art Balkey-Moanin
1. Gillian Welch-- "The Revelator" (such a good recording, you can practically see them playing!)
2. Louis Armstrong and Duke ELlington -- "The Great Summit"
3. Louis Armstrong -- "Best of the Columbia Years" (particularly the first track, "I Got a Right to Sing the Blues")
4. Edgar Meyer, et al. -- "Uncommon Ritual"
5. Joni Mitchell -- "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter" (HDCD reissue. A bit overblown, performance-wise, but a kick-ass recording.)
1. Bach, Keyboard Concertos 1,2,4 - Murray Perahia with Academy of St. Martin in the Fields on Sony Classical

2. Beethoven, Symphonies 1-9 - Herbert Von Karajan with Berlin Philarmonic(1963)

3. Mahler, Symphony 5 - Sir John Barbirolli with New Philharmonia Orchestra Or Leonard Bernstein with Wiener Philarmonic

4. Dvorak, Symphony 9 - Nikolaus Harnoncourt with Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra on Teldec

5. Rachmaninov, Piano Concerto 2 - Sviatoslav Richter with Stanislaw Wislocki Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra
On Wildchild Records (a division of Mapleshade). UNBELIEVABLE artist and recording.