Oppo BDP-95 sounds GREAT?

Stereophile Sept.: Oppo‘s BDP-95, it plays everything and sounds great. Any experience with it? How great is „great“ in reality? Great comparable to Wadia, EMMlabs or Esoteric? Great enough for those „masterings“ which gave us monthly sonic revolutions the last 20 years? ,Great‘ to impress anybody who hates CD‘s and is forced listening to it?
The sonic truth between 0 and 1? I am looking for a CD Player. Where‘s the experiemce of this reference sound quality secret?
128x128syntax
Jdub39: I'm using a Shunyata venom 3 power cord & Tara Analog standard interconnect ($200 in the mid 90's).

Could you be more specific as to what you mean by "readjusting toe-in and rake"?

In my room, the speakers are pointed straight ahead because they're fairly close to my listening seat & they're large. (I'm using the old rule of 1/3's for speaker placement)

Not sure what rake is, & are you referencing the speakers or the unit itself for vibration control?
"There may be a rumored surprise around the corner for this! While I'm not sure about the details, I do know it has something to do with Apple!"

Darn, when I saw the title of your topic, I was hoping you were referencing iso's & firmware! (-:
I think there's a new flagship from Oppo coming that will include inputs to the DAC to make it an all-in-one media centre. A bit like the Ayre I guess
That would be nice. If the 95 would have had that option I would likely have sold my PS Audio DAC

"I think there's a new flagship from Oppo coming that will include inputs to the DAC to make it an all-in-one media centre. A bit like the Ayre I guess"
From what others have said about the Venom 3 its a great powercord but I wouldn't hesitate to move up Shunyata's line when budget allows of course. If it competes with units $3000 and up, treat it like a $3000 unit! My intial powerord was Ps Audio's AC3(12awg) which list for around $150, I now us a $699 AC10(10awg) and the improvement is not small in terms of refinement and tonality and don't worry about price, the best cord is the best cord period regardless of cost. As for rake, this is leaning the speaker forward, backwards or perfectly leveled to further time aligning of the presentation, this is assuming of course your speakers have out riggers or spikes. As for the rule of 1/3's, I use it myself for speaker placement its fantastic, it can be a pain to adjust them for best sound , as my speakers are 6ft tall (120 lbs) and have 6 spikes per base! I know what you mean by large speakers .On another when budget allows try some new Ic's, this could really take things to the next level.

Any acoustic treatments?