Esoteric D-05 dac and Oracle transport

Hey guys, I am looking to upgrade my very old Theta Gen Va with an Esoteric D-O5, but I still want to keep my Oracle CD2000 Mk II (because it is soooo gorgeous). A few questions on this:
1. How good is the dac just with regular digital output from my transport? (all the reviews pair it with the matching P-O5 transport).
2. How much am I missing from the dac not being able to get full upsampling?
3. What upsampling choices do I have, other than the obvious dcs purcell (or newer version)? The Purcell is an option I would look at, maybe do this in stages.
valvesandvinyl
Personally, i have found that execution of whatever technology is more important than whether it has upsampling, no upsampling, etc. I have been fortunate to listen to some of the world's great names in digital...DCS SCarlatti full stack, Stahl-Tek full stack, Zanden full stack (own Zanden myself), Metronome Kalista, various Esoterics, Krells, ARC, etc.

I have not been impressed by many of the upsampling transports vs the "simple, old fashioned" but exceptionally solidly built transports.

Transports do make a difference, but not necessarily only from upsampling...quality of transport mechanism, how low they keep the noise in transfering the digital signal over to the DAC, quality of the output contacts (to avoide impedance related reflections, etc)...all make a difference. Your Oracle fits that category...so you may find you like it quite a bit.

While Esoterics can sound better with their own transports (like many manufacturers whose components have synergy)...i will also say that you may find, given the very, very good quality of your oracle, that you elect to keep the oracle and spend a bit on a world class digital cable and save the rest or invest it elsewhere.

Be curious to know what you decide...good luck and pls keep us posted.
I doubt any digital cable including one of the "world class" (whatever that means) variety, would make anywhere near the difference of a contemporary d/a converter.

I have a Kimber orchid cable, which I will keep and probably get more of if the purcell fits into the plan.

Have any of you guys auditioned the D-O5 as a dac with redbook cd transports?