Sony XA-5400es VS Oppo 83SE

I recently got an Oppo 83SE and played my first ever SACD today and I'am a convert.

Now I'am wondering if the Sony might be more musical than the Oppo,which I feel is quite a good Cd/SACD player.Right now looks like the last chance to get a new Sony before they diapear.But at twice the price of the Oppo does anyone feel this is an upgrade in musicallity? Anyone compared the two? Thanks in advance Gary
mystang
Sony has continued production of the XA5400ES even though they had been rumored to be a discontinued model some time ago. I have seen a unit with production of November, 2010 and read a post on another forum that they had a unit with a December, 2010 production date.
Rwwear,

I bought a Sony 5400 from the E-Bay seller that you posted. It was 'A' stock and came double boxed. I am not affiliated with the seller, just a happy customer.
I have not recieved my tracking# yet for my Sony.But yesterday I got a pair of Gabriel Gold Rapture RCA interconnects I purchased used here on Agon.Prior to installing these I had a cheap pair of Monster RCA so was not sure how good my Oppo 83 SE could sound.But after several hours with the GGR my Oppo is sounding really GOOD.If the Sony with these cables sounds any better yet my BAT VK D5SE could soon be for sale.
to maximise the xa5400es, run-in the unit for about 300 hours; use xlr instead of rca if u can; and change the al-cheapo power cable too.

cheers,
wps
A review here on AG stated that the RCA's sound better than the XLR's.
Which ever you use I would run it in on that output.