Esoteric K-01

Has anybody had an opportunity to listen to the recently announced Esoteric K-01? I was also wondering about the price. Thanks
thefirstchorus
Thank you Alex, info much appreciated. Undoubtedly, A comparative listening analysis of the two devices would make for a fascinating project.

Guido
You are welcome, Guido!

Absolutely; I am looking forward to that!

Best wishes,

Alex Peychev
www.aplhifi.com
We took delivery of the new K-03 and K-01 a little over 3 weeks ago. I believe we were one of the first if not the very first in the US to get them in.

As with the K-03, the K-01 has many digital filter and upconversion options which can be selected including defeating the digital filter and upconversion altogether. The player may also be used with it's built in volume control to drive the amplifiers directly. Each mode does require proper burn in before evaluation.

To date I have about 450 hours on the K-01 running nearly 24 hrs/day and it is breaking in nicely. While I will reserve comments and comparisons until I reach a point when I feel they are no longer improving, I will go on the record and state that this player is simply spectacular and has a sound quality that I have not experienced before from solid state digital.

Additionally, I have just begun listening with the G-0rb rubidium clock strapped on. Wow!! :)

Disclaimer: Esoteric dealer
Tony, you are causing me pangs of audiophilic anxiety mixed with generous amounts of neo-Freudian 'Esoteric envy'!

Can you already characterize any difference between K-01 against X-01 Limited and X-01 D2 (this last one on upsampling to DSD)?

And what about against P-03/D03 with same external clock?

Guido

Disclaimer: unabashed Esoteric fanboy.
I am privilaged to own APL HiFi NWO-S1 Player which, superficially, resemble K-03 i.e. it also has 2nd generation 32-bit AKM DACs--4 per side (K-01 has 8 per side). The Transport is based on Esoteric SA-50. Output stage is based on transformers and should be coupled to couple of transistors (to imporve bass) Alex use in NWO-SS series.

Extraordinary musical and involving. It took me much more then 1000 hours to break it in.

Alex The Magician - thank you very, very much!!!!!