Is the Sony xa5400es better than scd-1?

is the sony xa5400es better sounding than scd-1? please i needs your comments.
jopi88
Okonrad, I'd be curious to know if you've compared the upgraded output of the 5400 to the Chord 64. Thanks.
Okonard:

I had the same experiance when I compared the scd-1 to the xa9000es side by side. Not as heavy duty as the old scd-1 but of equal build quality. I kept the xa9000es.
Okonrad writes:
Now I suspect if you had a full VSE Level 7 modification done to the SCD-1 it would be competitive with my modded 5400, but barring that, its just not even close.
I visited Allen Wright in Schaffhausen and compared his level 7 SCD-777ES with Uber Clock against a 5400 modified with the single-ended board and Terra Firma Light and they were very close. I preferred the bass snap on the 5400 and very marginally preferred the top end of the 777 - they are so similar in the mid-range.

A 5400 with a balanced output board and the Uber Clock would, I expect, be superb. That's exactly where I'll go with my 5400 once I've been through my collection of SACDs.

Who did your mods?

Regards,
Bill Thalmann at music technology did the work.

I also compared the 5400 unmodded to the SCD-1 paired with the Chord 64 DAC. Bit more bass with the Chord/SCD combo. Other than that identical. Post mod it of course trounces the Chord/SCD unit.