Wadia 170i Ipod Dock Vs Onkyo ND S1 Ipod Dock

I had both the Wadia 170i Ipod dock and the Onky ND-S1 Ipod Docks which both take pure quality digital sound directly off the Ipod/Itouch and bypass poorer sounding analog output.

I found that I didn't like the lack of an on light with the Wadia and the way it seemed to stop working with even a slight transient variation in current such as caused by changing the output downstream on my preamp, etc.

I found that the Onkyo sounds every bit as good and has an on light and a superior remote, and all of this for about half the price.

The Onkyo is hard to find but can be imported from Japan as it is not yet marketed in the US yet. The power supply that comes with it works perfectly with out USA 110-120 60Hz current.
128x128plangco
My experience has been the same with the two units. I'm currently listening to the iPad with the USB adaptor that came this morning, and it is excellent. If iPhone OS 4.0 allows this USB adaptor to be used, I don't think either of those devices will be needed, but for now, I'm extremely impressed with using the iPad with the USB adaptor.
I just bought an iPAD. Can you tell me the USB adaptor you bought, and where you bought it?

TIA