Wadia 170i linked to Esoteric UX-1

Hello fellow A'goners. Recently purchased a Wadia 170i without realizing that there is no place for me to connect it: I have a Dartzeel Integrated Amp, and an Esoteric UX-1 (both stellar units, BTW), but there is no place to plug in the digital cable that came with the Wadia. I was able to get it working by using the analog outs to the Dartzeel, but I know that this is less than desirable. Is there a way to utilize the DAC in the Esoteric, or do I have to buy a stand-alone DAC. Any help is appreciated, as always.
Joe
128x128jsaah
no digital in on esoteric UX-1? if you like to stay with esoteric sound, i suggest selling UX-1 then get esoteric sa-50, which has digital in and it uses the latest fitler with 32bits chip.
good luck
If the UX-1 does not have a coaxial digital input, you cannot access its DAC. You need either a separate DAC or a CD player with a coaxial digital in to hear the Wadia at its best, since the main point of the Wadia is to extract the digital signal from the iPod, thereby bypassing the iPod's internal DAC. I believe the RCA outputs on the Wadia are just passing along the analogue signal from the iPod. You do not bypass the iPod's internal DAC, so the 170i is just acting like an expensive dock.
Thanks for responding. Since I want to keep the UX-1 (it was modded by David Schulte), I guess I'll just add an independent DAC. Enjoy the music!
Joe
Another good reason to keep the UX-1 is that it has arguably the best transport ever offered by Esoteric, now only found in the far more expensive P-01 series separates.