BEST UPGRADE regardless of cost?

Changing my ARC VT100 MKIII for NAGRA VPA's. Like the difference between zipped and unzipped computer data.
jjwa
Build a dedicated Audio room. You've never heard your system until you've done this. Get Rives Audio, Auralex, or ASC to help you and follow their recommendations. You won't believe the differnce.
Shakti-sonic hollgraph's- After 30 years as an enthusiast, these devices are the best upgrade I've ever made. Makes one realize just how critical the room acoustics are-and may stop one from the "endless" componment upgrade path. They are just staggering in their ability to create a lifelike stage in one's room. C
The room. Design and treatments from Rives Audio made a tremendous improvement.
Got to go with Sgr on this one. We are talking cost no object. Well that be some VERY serious $$.
I have to agree with the others concerning the source equiptment. Upgrading the turntable or even a CD player can work wonders. Of course all the equiptment must intergrate well with each other. If anyone wants to try a 'new' source component, may I suggest 4 track open reel factory pre-recorded tapes. This is real analog.