Wadia ITransport

Just purchased Wadia IPod dock for use with my IPod Touch. I am using Canare 75ohm cable as an interface with my Cambridge 840C AZURE CD player. Reading reviews about the IDock and importing Apple Lossless files, I noticed a difference (small)but noteworthy, where the Dock seems a bit compressed and lacking the resolution and dynamics when compared to the CD. I'm not quite sure, but I thought I remembered with lossless files, the Dock could actually sound better than the CD.

Thank you, I look forward to your thoughts and comments.
RPG
rpg
One last thing worth mentioning about the transports sound quality. It can sound better than your source CD depending on it's condition. I have a well recorded artist but about half way through the disk I get an almost static like noise, the disk has always been this way. Importing the disk using the Apple Loss-Less with error checking selected resulted in the problem being eliminated when played back with the IPod and Dock. So, yes, in this case the IPod sounded better than the disk.
i just added a 170i and am very impressed. followed this thread's advise regarding tweeks and couldn't be happier. picked up a used audioquest nrg-1 pc and a vdm-5 rca on the cheap. feeding the i170 to my ps audio perfect wave dac. the pw dac is doing a fine job of sorting things out. can't even begin to describe all of the improvements compared to the crap $59 doc i'd been using =). for about $600 total... i'm back to enjoying the ipod at home again.

have not had a chance to a-b compare disc's via my pw transport but judging from my current enjoyment levels, the 170i can't be too far off. we'll see.

great thread fella's!. thanks for turning me on to the 170i + tweeks.
@rpg
thank you for your comment.
My post was just an alert for people with non oversampling dacs without jitter reducing circuits. itransport is not for them!
There is a big discussion about jitter all around the net. There are many people who prefer transports without a lot of jitter instead of using the dac or reclocker to eliminate it.
thanks
Nikos
Levy03, congratulations! I find myself using the transports about 3/4 of the time, great music server. In terms of A/B I am going to go out on a limb here and say the sound quality of the transport when importing via Apple Loss-Less with error correction selected might just best the sound quality of the played back disk (I'll take my lumps here)at least in my system.
Rpg
It will be interesting to see what Wadia offers in their soon to be released high-end Dock. The 170i is going to be a real hard act to follow.